Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
That almost looks like some booby trap.
Do you have anymore info?

·
And...here.....we.....go.......
5,656 Posts
joebras said:
This is why you must be carefull when riding just beside trails that are not open yet.
[snapback]688135[/snapback]​
And I thought Chinese restaurants were the only ones with cat on a stick.....

Jerry

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nobody got injured very lucky.(lots of suff just undersnow neer many trails not easy to see.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
alexd said:
That almost looks like some booby trap.
Do you have anymore info?
[snapback]688190[/snapback]​
I'd agree, looks like the post was sharpened and placed at an angle to bend up when you hit it. Unless there is a good excuse for why someone would have a sharpened steel post on their property, I hope they lock the guy up and he gets sued. What's next, land mines? I do feel bad for landowners who have to deal with trespassers, but why not try a few signs and maybe a gate? If someone started with signs, and then 'progressed' to booby traps, I suppose I would feel a little sorry for the landowner (after he/she got thrown in jail), but lots of times where you see traps like this there are no signs, fences or anything, and in those cases I would say throw away the key...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Holy "edit for bad language", was that right on the edge of the trail? Where did this happen, I have rode a few times up there.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
no kidding, that post does not look like an "accident". pretty pointy fence post if you ask me. good luck getting that out!

·
Super Moderator
29,368 Posts
Any chance that end is the one that is supposed to go in the ground and it just got turned that way? I'd like to think people aren't that stupid, but I guess I know better too. Just trying to come up with a non-violent reason for the stick.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
Any chance that end is the one that is supposed to go in the ground and it just got turned that way? I'd like to think people aren't that stupid, but I guess I know better too. Just trying to come up with a non-violent reason for the stick.

[snapback]688415[/snapback]​
I thought about that too after I posted. I guess there's some chance that it's just a fence post that got ripped out and was laying on the ground or something, but that picture sure makes me think otherwise. If it was just 'bad luck' then that cat owner should sell his sled and take up bingo... I can't really see from the pics, were there any other fence parts (standing or fallen) around the area?

·
Registered
358 Posts
CustomRev said:
joebras said:
This is why you must be carefull when riding just beside trails that are not open yet.
And I thought Chinese restaurants were the only ones with cat on a stick.....

Jerry
[snapback]688196[/snapback]​
lmao thas a good one lol

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
One Lucky (PG-8) !!!!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Man that could have been bad had your foot been right over it! OWWWWW

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Wow, Glad to see I am not the only on this has happend to. Same thing happend to my 99 670 Ho. My buddy was riding it, and after jumping a field drive it just stopped moving. Turned out to be a fence post stuck trough the track compleatly, but didnt touch the heat exchanger. Wrecked the front shock, track, hifax, and burnt a flat spot in the belt.

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
waxman said:
Wow, Glad to see I am not the only on this has happend to. Same thing happend to my 99 670 Ho. My buddy was riding it, and after jumping a field drive it just stopped moving. Turned out to be a fence post stuck trough the track compleatly, but didnt touch the heat exchanger. Wrecked the front shock, track, hifax, and burnt a flat spot in the belt.
[snapback]688720[/snapback]​
HOLY SHIZNIT!!!!!

that sucks, at leat no one was hurt, could have been a lot worse.

Andrew

·
Registered
167 Posts
joebras said:
The only thing missing is the peppers, onions and tomatoes? I'm glad he walked away, literaly!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts