Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been known to make a wise crack or two on here about cats but I wouldn't do it to a cat owner's face.
So I'm out riding today and I stop at the warm up camp for a bite to eat at around 11:30am. As soon as I get the fire lit I hear another machine pull up. The guy walks up to the door and looks in then returns to his ride for a beer (my first clue I have a meat head on my hands). He then comes back and starts with the small talk and then out of the blue tells me I must have a lot of courage to be this far back in the country alone on a Ski-doo, what a jackass!!! He wasn't even on a nicer sled, some pos panther or someting. I keep my cool and inform him that if he can show me a cat with 15,000 miles in it (like my sled has) I'll call the Smithsonian. When he's finished his liquid courage he leaves. About 15 min later I pack it up and head out to get some gas, I pull up to the pump and what do I see but the same pos arctic scrap with the plywood beer cooler strapped to the back parked in front of the bar, it was all I could do not to contact the local detachment of the RCMP to report a suspected DUI, even if he wasn't the hassle for him would have been worth it to me but no, I pay for my gas and start the 2.5 hour trip back home. Are they all like this???

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I think those guys exist in every brand. I went 3 weekends ago with one of my buddies that had a cat. He invited all his buddies, who were all riding cats. 3 ZR 900's, and Pantera, and a F7. My buddy and I were the only 2 doos. We rode all day ... all great guys!

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Hes probably not a true cat guy, its most likely all he can afford.

Yeah, I always try judge all people in a certain group based on my impression of one of them.

·
Who Shot My Paw??
5,344 Posts
No..I don't think all cat guys or girls are like that,but it was an interesting read.

·
sledhead
2,241 Posts
I'm always down to fight for a toy manufacture, yes a sled is a toy

"bring it on bee cheese"

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
MTM said:
Hes probably not a true cat guy, its most likely all he can afford.

Yeah, I always try judge all people in a certain group based on my impression of one of them.

[snapback]722341[/snapback]​
I'm not judging, all I wanted was to see if others have had the same experience, that's why I asked the question "Are they all like this???"

What's up with you Mary? You seem to be pretty quick to jump to conclusions; maybe you are just upset that I am badmouthing your best friend beer or something.

I'll admit I don't know too may cat guys but a lot of them I know do seem this way to me.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Go over to HCS. Unfortunately most cat guys are like this. "My F7 can beat anything" type of mentallity. They are the first ones you see with the hood up on the side of the trail too. I know a few cat riders that aren't like that, but unfortunately can't say that about the majority. Every brand has there idiots, but it just seems that most congregate to the green side.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
Its not a very intelligent question to ask if all people who own arctic cats are like this specific person...unless you are trying to be a funny man or something. There are just as many idiots who ride ski-doos and poo poo as who ride arctic cat. My neighbor rides a firecat and he never has a drink while riding....I just took a trip out of state riding with guys with cats that never drink while riding and are some of the best mannered people you'd ever come across. So I guess that means, no, not all arctic cats are like the guy you came across. Ive riden with a guy that rides up with the Newfies every year (1000s of miles actually) and from what he says its rare to come across a person on a sled that ISNT ripped or on his way to getting ripped...so maybe all ac riders in YOUR area are like that.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Check out arcticchat.com sometime. They brand bash a lot less than any other site I've been on, this one included. I currently own Polaris and Cat, sold my Doo in the fall. One of my favorite sleds of all time is the Yami Phazer. No, I'm not brand loyal. Should Cat riders brag about their F7's, yes. Everyone else has to compare their 800's to it. Should Doo guys brag about their great riding sleds with the great ergos, yes. Everyone's got something to brag about, as consumers, we buy what is best for our riding styles. And a few buy because their buddy said "it's the best". Please don't group all the Cat, Polaris, Doo, and Yami guys and gals together because you saw one goof doing something wrong. Open your mind and your eyes.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
dobbs said:
should have stolen his beer
[snapback]722422[/snapback]​
i like that one! hitem where it hurts! funny comment!
on amore serious note-there are stupid people everywhere on all brands you just have to watch out! just a few idiots make it bad for all the rest! and yes we should take away there alcohol/drugs or there sleds/cars

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Minds are like Doors, they are meant to be opened. There are people like that in all walks of life. Whether they ride DOO, POO, etc. drive a Honda, Ford, or ride a bicycle. Your story had really nothing to do with him riding a Cat. Now if he had walked in riding an F7 or any other perfomance sled and absolutly bashed you for riding DOO and went on and on about how CAT was the best and he'd kick you a$$ etc. while drinking beer that would be a little different. He was an arse, but he was more of an alcoholic than a Cat rider.

·
Registered
121 Posts
it is always fun to make fun of your freinds if they ride something different then you but just some random guy saying that to you is kinda low. doesnt matter what you ride and what they ride a total stranger

·
Bring it on!!
3,138 Posts
Don't let these creeps put you off. Drinking and driving anything offends me, because people die. Most fatalities on quads or sleds around here (except avalanches) are the result of drinking, drug use, night riding and rider inexperience.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MTM said:
Its not a very intelligent question to ask if all people who own arctic cats are like this specific person...unless you are trying to be a funny man or something. There are just as many idiots who ride ski-doos and poo poo as who ride arctic cat. My neighbor rides a firecat and he never has a drink while riding....I just took a trip out of state riding with guys with cats that never drink while riding and are some of the best mannered people you'd ever come across. So I guess that means, no, not all arctic cats are like the guy you came across. Ive riden with a guy that rides up with the Newfies every year (1000s of miles actually) and from what he says its rare to come across a person on a sled that ISNT ripped or on his way to getting ripped...so maybe all ac riders in YOUR area are like that.
[snapback]722872[/snapback]​
It had nothing to do with the beer, it was the stupid wisecrack he made; the beer reference was just filler and for all I know it may have been the only one he had that day (but I doubt it).
I'm sorry if my question insulted your intelligence, I guess I should check with you before I post something on here, btw who made you king?.
Another thing, all newfies aren't raging drunks only a certain percentage of the population more or less equal to the percentage of drunks in ON or NY or your beloved MN. Your buddy who rides with the newfies probably just needs to be more picky who he rides with if all the newfies he has met are drunks.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hatchers said:
I'm always down to fight for a toy manufacture, yes a sled is a toy

"bring it on bee cheese"
[snapback]722369[/snapback]​
Don't tell that to all the trappers, linesmen, outfitters, loggers and police officers who use sleds as tools.

·
Registered
429 Posts
ih302 said:
MTM said:
It had nothing to do with the beer, it was the stupid wisecrack he made; the beer reference was just filler and for all I know it may have been the only one he had that day (but I doubt it).
I'm sorry if my question insulted your intelligence, I guess I should check with you before I post something on here, btw who made you king?.
Another thing, all newfies aren't raging drunks only a certain percentage of the population more or less equal to the percentage of drunks in ON or NY or your beloved MN. Your buddy who rides with the newfies probably just needs to be more picky who he rides with if all the newfies he has met are drunks.
[snapback]723713[/snapback]​
Lighten up my freind,he made a joke!BFD!!You need to get over it.Should of came up with something witty,who knows,he could of been an alright guy.Nothing wrong with a little back and forth good natured ragging!!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
mxz700x said:
ih302 said:
MTM said:
[snapback]723713[/snapback]​
Lighten up my freind,he made a joke!BFD!!You need to get over it.Should of came up with something witty,who knows,he could of been an alright guy.Nothing wrong with a little back and forth good natured ragging!!
[snapback]723845[/snapback]​
What am I doing that he isn't? He says "Yeah, I always try judge all people in a certain group based on my impression of one of them." sarcastically, and then tells me basically all 'newfies' are drunks because of his buddy's experience with a few of us, how hypocritical!
I can come off as harsh or blunt in my posts but that's just the way I am, there's nothing wrong with back and forth good natured ragging, but remember, its a two way street.
Peace out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts