Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just converted my 04 440 and havent gone trail riding long distances yet. I was wondering how everyone is carry oil onboard. I was thinking either the aftermarket holder that bolts to the chaincase side or one of those back packs on the tunnel. what is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do you wear a back pack? If you do you can carry oil in that. That is what I do. Works really well when you wear a tek-vest too. That helps with the weight of the backpack. Try that. You'll probably want one for long rides to carry extra plugs too.

·
Registered
194 Posts
mxzx13 said:
I just converted my 04 440 and havent gone trail riding long distances yet. I was wondering how everyone is carry oil onboard. I was thinking either the aftermarket holder that bolts to the chaincase side or one of those back packs on the tunnel. what is everyone else doing?
[snapback]695512[/snapback]​
I put it in my oil resivoir, mines an 800sdi but see Rev*Barons conversion for the 440, I used to mix with my 440 but after you have oil inject it all seems like such a hastle to carry and mix oil.

The doo oil caddy that goes on the clutch side will hold a litre if that is enough for what your riding trips include.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I purchased a PowerMad Oil Caddy - it bolts to the chaincase - using two of the actual chaincase bolts ( don't worry - no oil leaks out ) it holds a quart of oil -

Usually you'll need to buy a regular motor oil quart and drain it / clean it and then fill it w/ 2 stroke.....

Works well - but it does only hold one quart.

Ski Doo offers an oil caddy which mounts on the clutch side- you remove the tool kit and the oil caddy mounts in it's place - then the tool kit mounts to the oil caddy via rubber straps. Not the best design but it works.

It was $ 23 bucks and i'm much happier with the Powermadd aftermarket one - as the Clutch one tends to pinch the quart too much - plus it's very flimsy.

Good luck

·
Shortbus member
1,026 Posts
mxzx13 said:
[snapback]695512[/snapback]​

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.