Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to work this morning... I'm with the Air Force Rescue unit here in Anchorage. Anyway, heard the boys went on a few missions this weekend. One was down in the Caribou Hills. Guess some 21 year old had a few to many drinks and thought going big was a good idea. From what my buddy said it looked as if the dude came up short... AwaaaAAAAAaaaaay short. The PJ's said that he had multiple breaks in both legs and a visible deformity in his lower lumbar region.

Figured I'd post hear and see if anybody was out riding down that way or knew the full story.

Remember kids, ride within your ability and for god sake don't drink and ride! I'd like to finish winter without picking up yet another snowmachiner.

~Turk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was in the hills this weekend, I have a cabin up there. The kids Dad works for me and there is no broken bones, but he dose have 2 crushed disk in his back which is worst. He was able to move his toes as of 11:00am yesterday morning. He will have a long recovery ahead of him. Justin is his name and the story I got from his dad is it was white out conditions, he was going along on the 1200 road at a petty good clip and went to clean his goggles off and he hit a wash out in the road, { big ditch from the flooding we had a couple of years back} this is an old logging road which is not manitained any more. Anyways that is the story I got from his Dad and there are many other version to what happen Saturday afternoon. All I know is when I got the call from his dad Monday morning that he was in Anchorage with his son, he was petty upset because at the time Justin was unable to move anything below his pelvis { that was 7:00am} by 9:00am he was able to move his big toes and then around 11:00AM he was able to move all of his toes, his dad was petty happy and things were looking better I will up date more later, I need to go back to bed for a while

Jim

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Jim... It's good to know he's didn't break his back. Our PJ's (Medics) always error on the side of caution. Everything else, as to how the crash happened, was speculation by the guys on the helicopter. We never really get to hear what happens after we drop people off at the hospital.

Here's to a fast recovery....

~Turk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts