Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just got done rebuilding my carbs, while i was at it, i notice in-front that on the 06 and 08 they had a hose with a "t" that goes to the dmp

im guessing it has something to do with equilizing the bowl pressure/lowering or elvating it with the temp

now

my 03 and 01 carbs were like this, blocked off

is the anything bad about adding a cross pipe like this??

i have added a tempaflow to my sled, and all i can the cross tube doing is making sure both bowls are at the same pressure

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
if im not mistaken that tube is your vents to the float bowels and needs to be open to atmosphere to allow your float bowels to properly fill. the tee fitting was to get the vents up high so when you tip the sled on its side you don't dump fuel all over the engine compartment

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
umm nop not that one, on the upper parts is the went i believe

at the top, the t is there for the vent

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Those two fittings are the DPM manifold(Vacuum)signal source for Digital Performance Management equipped sleds. The circuit ties directly into the emulsion section of the needle jet and does not see float chamber venting at all.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those two fittings are the DPM manifold(Vacuum)signal source for Digital Performance Management equipped sleds. The circuit ties directly into the emulsion section of the needle jet and does not see float chamber venting at all.
hey thumbdoctor, thxs for replying

any down or plus side of having it connected?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upset as in crappy idle, etc...? Best thing would probably just leaving them disconnected?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts