Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
03 mxz 600 h.o
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i removed the airbox on a my skidoo mxz 600 from 2003. And i discovered that the carbs are incredibly out of sync... like really bad.
(Video below)

So my two questions are,
1. How do i sync both slides so that they open roughly at the same time. I am most interested in knowing the mechanical side of things since i haven't worked on a flat slide carb before.

2. And my other question is that I'm going riding this weekend and i really don't have time to fix this before... so, do you think i can ride a coulpe days with the slides looking like this or should i stop riding until i get it synced properly?

·
Registered
03 mxz 600 h.o
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for all the response! However when i tried adjusting the synchronization screw it seems like it does not have enough travel to adjust for all the differenese so to speak. What am i missing?

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I'm not sure if the twin rack carbs are the same as triples, but on the triple carbs there is a cam-style adjuster under the 'tops' of the carbs that allows you to adjust the synch of the slides.
I mention this, because sometimes the fastener holding them backs off too, and creates a large imbalance in slide lift heights.

·
Registered
03 mxz 600 h.o
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thanks for all the advice! today i syncronized the carbs and went for a ride. The sled was a lot more responsive after this fix, especially the bottom end. I have one more question though as i'm only getting about 8 MPG? anything i should look for that might be an issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts