Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I was going through the sled today and noticed that my carbides were pretty worn. To let you all know I have precisions and all 4 were evenly worn. I am one who does like the precision skis.

My question for you fellers is what size carbide to replace them with? I can't remember what I put on there before. I have a 1.25 lug track with no studs. I actually removed them. Don't want to over or under steer too much. Please do not tell me that I need to get new skis, I like the precisions.

Thanx,
-Team Scream

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
TeamScream said:
I was going through the sled today and noticed that my carbides were pretty worn. To let you all know I have precisions and all 4 were evenly worn. I am one who does like the precision skis.

My question for you fellers is what size carbide to replace them with? I can't remember what I put on there before. I have a 1.25 lug track with no studs. I actually removed them. Please do not tell me that I need to get new skis, I like the precisions.

Thanx,
-Team Scream

[snapback]694800[/snapback]​
i also like the skis. i had a buddy with a 600sdi renagade 1.25 track put these on the inside of each ski and left the others on the outside. these things turn on dime and they wont wear out. i may try it when i get new ones. only have to buy one set. triple points http://www.bergstromskegs.com/wr/wr_main.htm

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTT

·
Banned
230 Posts
500ssADR said:
TeamScream said:

My question for you fellers is what size carbide to replace them with? I can't remember what I put on there before. I have a 1.25 lug track with no studs. I actually removed them. Please do not tell me that I need to get new skis, I like the precisions.

Thanx,
-Team Scream

[snapback]694800[/snapback]​
i also like the skis. i had a buddy with a 600sdi renagade 1.25 track put these on the inside of each ski and left the others on the outside. these things turn on dime and they wont wear out. i may try it when i get new ones. only have to buy one set. triple points http://www.bergstromskegs.com/wr/wr_main.htm
[snapback]694843[/snapback]​
I agree, bergstroms is the way to go....turns on a dime...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used woody's 6' 60 degree on the insides and 4' 60 degrees on the outsides and it worked well. I just switched to the pilots with 8' 60 degrees centers and 4' 60 degrees on the outsides and I am liking the new skis. I have 144 studs down the middle(mixed singles and doubles).

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,856 Posts
Good = Woody's 6"/4" or 4"/4".
Best = Stud Boy Shaper 4.5"/4.5"

I have a 1.25" track, too. No studs. I like the shapers the best. They last at least twice as long as the Woody's, and steer much better. I don't have any problems with grip with the 4.5"ers all the way around. I have over 2000 miles on the shapers so far, and a good bit of those miles are on asphalt (I have to ride a few miles on the sides of the road to get to the trails where I ride). They still look like new. The carbide is still sharp.

I also ran the 4.5/4.5 shapers on my 04.5 Gade SDI. 1.5" track, unstudded. Also worked very well, and I never experienced any of the pushing that people complain about with the REV chassis.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I used 6" Stud Boy Shaper Bars in all 4 spots. Improved the handling by a huge margin.

The shaper bars stick out farther from the ski. This helps in the pushing in the corners.

My pushing complaints were when the skiis go off trail into a little powder, they used to be useless. They are much better with the shaper bars. Probably not as good as a keel ski in powder for turning, but much better than stock.

The only other carbides I would consider is Bergstroms as posted above.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have 6" inside and out and my sled rails! I have total confidence that I can run tight to the right on any trail at almost any speed. The stock Doo 'bides sukk, I would get anything else so long as it is 6", I only have 48 studs in my 1" track and my track looks like new and I've been able to ride anywhere and on anything anyone else is riding on, and I have Woody's now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
CAUTION ! ! !

My buddy added extra carbide to the front of his sled ( unstudded ) and flipped it 3 times because he wouldnt believe that the extra carbide was the cause !

He was using SLP 301 skis and I think 10 " of carbide , This totally F%&cked his sled up and nearly killed him !

IF you add carbide then you need to stud ! ! ! !

YOOPERDOOTOO

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
I have a 1.25" track and I'm running Woody's 6" on the inside and 4" on the outside. At first they almost had too much bite but now I'm very happy with this set up.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I spoke to Scott at Bergstroms and he told me what would work the best on my sled. I put on the 8" triples on the inside and left the 4" or whatever was on the outside. I did use his shims as well. I now have almost 450 miles on this set up and all I can say is WOW. No darting at all. Scott gave me a few extra shims and we shimed my buddies GSX and he liked it also. Shiming seems to be the answer for great preformace. Give him a call!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.