Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the carb boots on my 2000 MXZ 600. The dealer want $100 for each boot. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
523 Posts
See if Boysen has a set of rage cages for your sled and never worry about the boots again . They would only be about 70-80 more than the stockers ....

·
Registered
828 Posts
Marshall distributing sells spi boots. I have ran them for 2 years on my 500. Checked them and they are fine. 30 bucks a piece

·
Registered
212 Posts
Royal distributing, Kimplex is the brand that makes them. At least for my 2002 600. I can only get 2-3 years out of them. but still cheaper.

Scott

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See if Boysen has a set of rage cages for your sled and never worry about the boots again . They would only be about 70-80 more than the stockers ....
I have been looking at the rage cages and they don't come with the boot. 600 have a 2 piece boot / reed assemblies. If they came with the boot I would be my first choice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I go through a set of the SPI boots every season... I don't know if its the ethanol in the fuel, but they just don't seem to hold up..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have found some new OEM Rotax on e-bay for $78 each. I think this is the way to go. More money than I wanted to spend but I'm more confident in the quality. Don't want to be left stranded hundreds of miles from home with melted pistons because I was worried about saving a few bucks... The Kimpex boots that Royal sells tells you not to use ethanol blended fuels because it will corrode the boots. I think I will stick with the OEM.

Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
99 Posts
One thing you can do with the cheap boots from the dealer is to condition them with a Boot conditioner for you hunting or rubber boots before you put them on the snowmobile. Another thing to do after the season is done is to take them off your machine, clean them with soap and water, dry them and put them in a closet in your house so they stay the same temperature throughout the spring summer and fall. sounds weird but you'll get a few more years out of them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts