Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I did a search and didn't find the answer I was looking for.riding buddy (without a computer) has a cracked boot on his sled.I have heard boysen,v-force and carbon tech,and Doo.he doesn't want a performance increase just to get it back on the trails.the boot cracked between the carb and the cylinder,and is sucking air. what would be the most reliable way to go with cost as the second concern.......thanx in advance.

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
stock boots are not cheep and are poorly made the rad valves or a set of Vforce 3 reeds are the way to go but they are not cheep. Econamy is not an option when it comes to reeds

·
Registered
46 Posts
Doo does not sell just the boots, have to buy whole block with reeds, $180.00 per side. If you go with Boyseen or Vforce they both sell reeds that come with complete block. Boyseen also sells just reeds if you can find replacement boot. Should be able to buy just boot through 3rd party oem replacement, much cheaper, use existing reeds. If you are looking for performance, best bang for your buck is Boyseen in my opinion.

·
Registered
523 Posts
blackzr900 said:
Doo does not sell just the boots, have to buy whole block with reeds, $180.00 per side. If you go with Boyseen or Vforce they both sell reeds that come with complete block. Boyseen also sells just reeds if you can find replacement boot. Should be able to buy just boot through 3rd party oem replacement, much cheaper, use existing reeds. If you are looking for performance, best bang for your buck is Boyseen in my opinion.
[snapback]736320[/snapback]​
Cage and boots are all one piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts