Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped into my local dealer for some gaskets- they insisted there is NO gasket between the aluminum plate & the rubber boot. See photo. They also said there are no new carb boots available and I would have to find some used ones.

8e7db396500caa6e7bcc39868918d9ea.jpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
www.skidooparts.com

Go here and search for what you need, get part number and go to eBay or Partzilla . Is that spacer stock? Looks like Vforce reed kit and I've heard of guys using a spacer due to airbox fitment issues after installing the Vforce kit.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm new as well but I think stock is all rubber no aluminumsjowing like that and that just looks like a vforce. Does it say Vforce or Boyosen on the side?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Never mind I zoomed in and can see rubber where I thought I saw an aluminum exposed flange. That could be stock stuff I apologize.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The last two pair I have bough boyesen and vforce used ones on eBay. Spi makes a after market one but they are cheap you can find good after market used ones for good prices pm me I can send you a phone number of a guy who sells a lot of used parts or just go on Facebook rev nation two or three guys on there who sell used stuff and our honest either Eric or Richard hertz. There needs to be gaskets on every surface depending on whether they have block or not so if they come with spacer block you need a gasket both sides of block

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
My dealer even has the listing for oem, spx , vforce and boyensen. Also , i know the reeds from a 800 will bolts on a 600ho but you need to stack gaskets or have a spacer made because its touching the ports inside

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use spi boots on my 800, just be sure to inspect them every year. I got 2 season out of a set and will continue to use them, you can buy a lot of theses boots compared to the price of vforce or boyseens. I get mine from royal distributing in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put the old ones back on because A: they were in good condition after serious inspection and, B: I'm a cheap old guy and don't really care as long as they work. I used RTV in place of the "non existent" gasket behind the backing plate. I'm planning on firing it up tomorrow

·
Semi-professional Opinion Maker
1,003 Posts
I've been towed off the trail before due to a carb boot failure. I'd rather spend the money in the off season to fix the weak point. Better than ruining a ride and then having to deal with trying to load a dead sled onto a trailer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts