Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice with my 2005 500ss. First off it runs bad at idle and low speeds and would like to know how far many turns out the idle mixture screws should be. one is 1.5 turns and the other is 1.3\4. The other thing is this sled when I'm going fast starts a humming,vibration noise at about 50mph and the faster you go the louder it is. Almost sounds and feels like a wheel bearing out in a car. I've rode the sled for 300 miles and noise doesn't seem like it's getting any worse but it is annoying. Was wondering if this is something That I'll have to live with or any ideas on what to check would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
grandpaREV said:
I need some advice with my 2005 500ss. First off it runs bad at idle and low speeds and would like to know how far many turns out the idle mixture screws should be. one is 1.5 turns and the other is 1.3\4. The other thing is this sled when I'm going fast starts a humming,vibration noise at about 50mph and the faster you go the louder it is. Almost sounds and feels like a wheel bearing out in a car. I've rode the sled for 300 miles and noise doesn't seem like it's getting any worse but it is annoying. Was wondering if this is something That I'll have to live with or any ideas on what to check would be appreciated. Thanks
[snapback]279611[/snapback]​
The carb adjust is for your lo spd throttle response, the setting ideally are the same, if there is a bog (slow response) turn in the screw to fatten the mixtureanywhere in the 1- 2 turn would be normal, try it and find out, this time of year where the daytime temps are getting high your bound to have some run issues

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Pretty sure turning the mixture screw in will lean your mixture since your carbs have fuel screws. Adjust them the same (maybe turn them in 1/4 turn more) and make sure your carb slides are opening at the EXACT same time. If this makes your problem worse, try turning the screws the other way. It can be hard to diagnose a lean bog from a rich bog so don't be afraid to experiment.

Also, make sure you belt deflection is set properly. As for the viberation, check the easy stuff first. Remove the belt and look for any grooves. A grooved belt can cause major vibration.

Also check that your motor mounts are tight and while you are there check for any cracks, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.