Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left from Watta to Blachford Lake Lodge Saturday morning. Decided to find the trail from Blachford to the East Arm/Blanchette Island of Great Slave Lake and we
did! But it wasn't broken yet. 3 feet of untouched powder...holy crap batman I was in heaven. Broke trail for 30 km's. What a ride!
 

Attachments

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While breaking trail we came across an abandoned mine at Thor Lake.
Here's Glen in the warehouse - the mine has been shut down for years and
they just up and left everything behind. Check out the truck! Keys and
all, but it wouldn't start.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,074 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again, You "edit for bad language"!!! Sounds great, of course a week without hitting 50 degrees would be great around here.
 

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first tractor. Another abandoned vehicle at the mine site.
Unreal! There were also trailers with rooms and blankets, pillows, beds,
cabinets, even cases of Coke that weren't opened yet! Most of the
paperwork laying around was from the 80's.
 

Attachments

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's Glen when we hit Great Slave Lake. That is Blanchette Island
in behind. Beautiful pressure ridges and the sun was setting. The ride
to this location was amazing, you come over a hill and all of a sudden
see everything and continue to ride for another 5 km's before you hit
the lake - all the while having an amazing view of the big lake.
 

Attachments

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a wider one of the first shot...I like this one better.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,877 Posts
You going back when the snow melts to claim your discovery?? Should we call you Yellowknife the pirate now?

looks awesome up there. does the sun stay up all day there like it does in alaska?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,146 Posts
hey ghost,it's not mach z riding thou,I went out riding with Yellowknifer,good thing he blazes the trail,fun ride thou,hey Allan,get your windshield fixed,how many km's was that trip.I guess fuel jerry cans an must that day.cheers
 

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
saltalarev said:
You going back when the snow melts to claim your discovery?? Should we call you Yellowknife the pirate now?

looks awesome up there. does the sun stay up all day there like it does in alaska?
[snapback]260415[/snapback]​
We do go by there in the boat in the summer but the ice isn't melted until July. The sun rises at about 10am and sets at 3pm right now. It is June/July that we have 24 hour daylight.

TheGhost said:
U wanna do some guiding? I would come up there and pay for your time in a heartbeat to go out there.
[snapback]260423[/snapback]​
I'm up for it if you are. I actually do guide for a few lodges in the area, mostly in the summer though.

http://www.petersonspointlake.com/

http://www.wattalake.nt.ca/

squish band said:
hey ghost,it's not mach z riding thou,I went out riding with Yellowknifer,good thing he blazes the trail,fun ride thou,hey Allan,get your windshield fixed,how many km's was that trip.I guess fuel jerry cans an must that day.cheers
[snapback]260430[/snapback]​
Windshield is still cracked Mike....lol
We put on a total of 385 km's for the trip. All I used was 2 jerry cans. (plus the full tank before we left) Those clutch tools come in yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,072 Posts
Yellowknife said:
Left from Watta to Blachford Lake Lodge Saturday morning. Decided to find the trail from Blachford to the East Arm/Blanchette Island of Great Slave Lake and we
did! But it wasn't broken yet. 3 feet of untouched powder...holy crap batman I was in heaven. Broke trail for 30 km's. What a ride!
[snapback]260396[/snapback]​
Hey, nice pics !
We started from 440 dock in Old Town yesterday morning, ended up on Pontoon Lake, via Dettah, Mason, Jennyjohn lakes. There was tons of fresh powder on the way, didn't get any pics though. We fished along the way, got home last night about 6:30. Saw lots of foxes, coupla wolves, plenty of cariboo out Prelude way.
Ride 'em boys !!
 

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
papasled said:
Hey, nice pics !
We started from 440 dock in Old Town yesterday morning, ended up on Pontoon Lake, via Dettah, Mason, Jennyjohn lakes. There was tons of fresh powder on the way, didn't get any pics though. We fished along the way, got home last night about 6:30. Saw lots of foxes, coupla wolves, plenty of cariboo out Prelude way.
Ride 'em boys !!

[snapback]260489[/snapback]​
That's a nice ride...lots of powder on those ponds! There's more and more riders in Yellowknife showing up on this board. Do you ride in the evenings at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,072 Posts
Yellowknife said:
papasled said:
Hey, nice pics !
We started from 440 dock in Old Town yesterday morning, ended up on Pontoon Lake, via Dettah, Mason, Jennyjohn lakes. There was tons of fresh powder on the way, didn't get any pics though. We fished along the way, got home last night about 6:30. Saw lots of foxes, coupla wolves, plenty of cariboo out Prelude way.
Ride 'em boys !!

[snapback]260489[/snapback]​
That's a nice ride...lots of powder on those ponds! There's more and more riders in Yellowknife showing up on this board. Do you ride in the evenings at all?
[snapback]260761[/snapback]​
yep, I love night riding, quite often I go out from Frame Lake to the Prospector trail that heads out from Fred Henne park, just drive the loop around to that trail that runs out of the far end of Long Lake, through the golf course and sand pits, back along the airport, through Kam Lake park, across Kam Lake onto G Slave, then back to my place on Forrest Drive. It's about an hour and a half, nice evening ride.
I did it a few nights ago when the lights were out, it was gorgeous, nobody around at 9:30 at night...
 

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
papasled said:
yep, I love night riding, quite often I go out from Frame Lake to the Prospector trail that heads out from Fred Henne park, just drive the loop around to that trail that runs out of the far end of Long Lake, through the golf course and sand pits, back along the airport, through Kam Lake park, across Kam Lake onto G Slave, then back to my place on Forrest Drive. It's about an hour and a half, nice evening ride.
I did it a few nights ago when the lights were out, it was gorgeous, nobody around at 9:30 at night...

[snapback]261015[/snapback]​
That sounds awesome. If you want to hook up for a ride anytime just PM me, I have a hard time finding people to ride with in the evenings. I used to live on Forrest Drive, I'm over on Finlayson now, but I work at CBC on Forrest Drive.

440man said:
that touring sled (glenns i think) looks mighty small for such a big guy...lol
[snapback]261034[/snapback]​
He's a first time sledder! He's followed me around for over 1200 km's so far! He's doing great for a new guy...we're getting good at getting his sled un-stuck! lol He'll have to upgrade to a 500ss touring next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,072 Posts
Yellowknife said:
papasled said:
yep, I love night riding, quite often I go out from Frame Lake to the Prospector trail that heads out from Fred Henne park, just drive the loop around to that trail that runs out of the far end of Long Lake, through the golf course and sand pits, back along the airport, through Kam Lake park, across Kam Lake onto G Slave, then back to my place on Forrest Drive. It's about an hour and a half, nice evening ride.
I did it a few nights ago when the lights were out, it was gorgeous, nobody around at 9:30 at night...

[snapback]261015[/snapback]​
That sounds awesome. If you want to hook up for a ride anytime just PM me, I have a hard time finding people to ride with in the evenings. I used to live on Forrest Drive, I'm over on Finlayson now, but I work at CBC on Forrest Drive.

440man said:
that touring sled (glenns i think) looks mighty small for such a big guy...lol
[snapback]261034[/snapback]​
He's a first time sledder! He's followed me around for over 1200 km's so far! He's doing great for a new guy...we're getting good at getting his sled un-stuck! lol He'll have to upgrade to a 500ss touring next year.
[snapback]261137[/snapback]​
sure , I'm just getting used to this forum and I'll pm you one night, we'll do a night ride. I'm at the new Extra Foods , stop by the pharmacy and say hi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
Yellowknife were definatley looking at a trip like to your place for next year. If you can PM me some of the details. Don't worry about the Mach I have an 800 Summit rev as well so I shouldn't have to much trouble
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top