Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fanny
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
Interesting site but I have to differ in their assessment of how long the snowmobile season is in Nova Scotia.I know that where I`m from (Cape Breton) that we are lucky to get any amount of snow on the ground.Our winters along with Snowmobiles in Industrial Cape Breton have pretty much disappeared in the past 10 years.If you live around the Sydney Glace Bay area and don`t have a trailer to go up north then You`re pretty much screwed!

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
500ss man said:
Interesting site but I have to differ in their assessment of how long the snowmobile season is in Nova Scotia.I know that where I`m from (Cape Breton) that we are lucky to get any amount of snow on the ground.Our winters along with Snowmobiles in Industrial Cape Breton have pretty much disappeared in the past 10 years.If you live around the Sydney Glace Bay area and don`t have a trailer to go up north then You`re pretty much screwed!
[snapback]731506[/snapback]​
I'll bet Harper already has a plan to fix that .....

G

·
papasled said:
500ss man said:
[snapback]731506[/snapback]​
I'll bet Harper already has a plan to fix that .....
[snapback]731537[/snapback]​
Yes, let`s hope so!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
We better watch what Harper comes up with, cause I heard that he wanted to move Cape Breton up here to Yellowknife.

Solves the snow issue and the unemployment problem.

Hey 500ss Man, why don't you just ask for a posting to Yellowknife. It worked for me! What trade are you?

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
FrozenGade said:
We better watch what Harper comes up with, cause I heard that he wanted to move Cape Breton up here to Yellowknife.

Hey 500ss Man, why don't you just ask for a posting to Yellowknife. It worked for me! What trade are you?
[snapback]731559[/snapback]​
WHAT !!!!?? ^$&$&^$%&$^Y#%@@[email protected]#[email protected]~#[email protected]#!!

Please, just kill me now......

I believe we have reached the import quota for Newfs and Cape Bretoners here in YK....

G

·
FrozenGade said:

Vehicle tech( EME) That would mean I`d be Papasleds next door neighbor

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
500ss man said:
FrozenGade said:

[snapback]731758[/snapback]​
Font Electric blue Tree Circle Event

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
If I remember right we have a Sgt or MCpl plus a Cpl/Pte position up here, however, they have done some expanding since I left the military 3 years ago! Northern allowance is around $15000/yr!

Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics make anywhere from $100,000/yr to $150,000/yr in the mines though! (Two week in/Two week out) I have one friend who had a T4 of $210,000.00 last year as he worked every overtime shift he could. He's single so it didn't matter if he pulled 6 weeks in the mine at a time.

G

·
FrozenGade said:
If I remember right we have a Sgt or MCpl plus a Cpl/Pte position up here, however, they have done some expanding since I left the military 3 years ago! Northern allowance is around $15000/yr!

Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanics make anywhere from $100,000/yr to $150,000/yr in the mines though! (Two week in/Two week out) I have one friend who had a T4 of $210,000.00 last year as he worked every overtime shift he could. He's single so it didn't matter if he pulled 6 weeks in the mine at a time.
[snapback]732415[/snapback]​
I`ll look into it!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
papasled said:
FrozenGade said:

WHAT !!!!?? ^$&$&^$%&$^Y#%@@[email protected]#[email protected]~#[email protected]#!!

I believe we have reached the import quota for Newfs and Cape Bretoners here in YK....
[snapback]731754[/snapback]​
without easterns
who would do your work
admit it you can't doo it without us

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
epoxykid said:
papasled said:
FrozenGade said:

without easterns
who would do your work
[snapback]733790[/snapback]​
Newfoundlanders are what keep the country going!

G

·
epoxykid said:
papasled said:
FrozenGade said:

without easterns
who would do your work
[snapback]733790[/snapback]​
Ha..Ha good point

1 - 16 of 16 Posts