Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around with my hood. Dumped the stupid looking pinstripe MXZ decal and added a nice metalic SKI-DOO decal - I want to add some broken yelow bars and was going to try to rattle can it with a good quality paint. Should I?? (Indoor temps)

2005 REV 600 HO
Reduced Top Gear
Cudney Clutch Kit
96 Woody's Studs
Full Skid Plate
Clutch Cover Delete
Hood Decal Delete
Idler Wheel Kit

·
Who Shot My Paw??
5,344 Posts
Bumplover said:
I was messing around with my hood. Dumped the stupid looking pinstripe MXZ decal and added a nice metalic SKI-DOO decal - I want to add some broken yelow bars and was going to try to rattle can it with a good quality paint. Should I?? (Indoor temps)

2005 REV 600 HO
Reduced Top Gear
Cudney Clutch Kit
96 Woody's Studs
Full Skid Plate
Clutch Cover Delete
Hood Decal Delete
Idler Wheel Kit
[snapback]735754[/snapback]​
I'm not a doctor,but I play one on tv..and it's too windy to haul rocks here again today!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
you can buy rattle-can paint made for plastics but it usually doesn't offer much of a shine. Don't try to use paint made for metals as the plastic, even though it's rigid, will expand and contract with temp. changes. Some vinyl shops can print on decal meterial, you may have luck that route.

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Done deal
Turned out OK at best. Would have been better but the paint seaped in benhind the masking tape and I have spent an hour trying to straighten it out. Oh well, the beauty of the little REV hoods is they are cheep and you can try different things with them. It will look nice moving along but a close inspection will reveal some blems.....will post a pic...

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts