Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride a mxz 700 and its dialed in pretty good. The thing really rails in the corners. I have found that the revs I have rode seem to be a bit tippy or push a bit in the corners.
I realize in the bumps nothing will touch the 440, but i also love the tight twisty corners. I have on here the 440's arent to great in the flat corners.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Steve30279 said:
I ride a mxz 700 and its dialed in pretty good. The thing really rails in the corners. I have found that the revs I have rode seem to be a bit tippy or push a bit in the corners.
I realize in the bumps nothing will touch the 440, but i also love the tight twisty corners. I have on here the 440's arent to great in the flat corners.

What do you think?
[snapback]743690[/snapback]​
mine doesnt corner as well as a zx chassis but then i usually just ride the outside ski............becomes kind of fun!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Mine's pretty darn tippy. It's all in the shock/spring setup.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
In the real REAL tight twisties I always ride out on the outside ski. I love that. But I can always go through the corners a lot faster than anybody else still doing that. I think it depends on the type of ski's as well. I didnt like the corners with my stock skis and I went to the [email protected] razors and its like night and day difference. Sometimes before I would kind of tense up going around corners fast, hoping I wouldnt push off. Now it just rails right around. Best money I ever spent on it.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
For riders that sit through the corners, the 440 will corner more slowly because of its suspension calibration and ride height. However, for riders that stand or trail conditions that require standing, the 440 will normally out perform low slung and soft trail sleds.

Like the post above mentions, the C&A razor or even the outlaw are excellent choices to further enhance the 440's carving ability. Just make sure you are an athletic enough rider to enjoy a 440 before you buy one.

I say this because I sold my 2003 440 this year to a buddy. He put all the trinkets on it and couldn't wait for winter. When the snow came he rode it for a few hundred miles and then sold it. I think he imagined that it would float on air over jumps, turn on a dime on the groomed trail, get 20 mpg and roll smooth and quiet down the trail.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies guys. Im def not a lazy rider, im all over the seat in the turns and standing up over the bumps. I just really like the flat cornering abilty of the zx and want to make sure im making the right choice going to a 440.
I luv those tight twisty trails.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Depending on the corner I usually try to have my opposite butt cheek on the same side of the seat as the direction I am turning. I have found that when I do this the sled is a blast to ride on the twisty trails. When I get lazy and stop moving around I get into trouble and come close to getting high sided. I have C&A pros and no studs which works well for me. You will not regret getting a 440

·
Registered
78 Posts
my 04 will waste my buddies zl 600 in the trails. his sled sits lower and all for trail riden. thats what its build to do. i just wasted him through the trails all the time. i will waste him over all all the wayup to about 85 90 on my sled. and its stock as of right now.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Steve30279 said:

What do you think?
[snapback]743690[/snapback]​
really want that thing to rail ,put a 1 1/8" spacer behind stack on ski shocks and 1/4" center and 3/8" rear, it turns it into a go kart in the corners. I've never used the whole susp. yet. But I don't jump a 100' in air like most of you guys... the 06 consumer sleds finally got it. We all aren't Blair Morgan. I guess, I want my sled setup more for cross country racing then snowcross..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts