Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I already know the answer but I’m working on this 05 600sdi adrenaline and want to keep repair as cheap as possible as the machine is old and not worth a lot. The mag flywheel magnets had cracked and broke apart. Thought the stator was ok until I took it out. I don’t know the parts of the stator but you can see that some of the things around the outside of the stator are bent out of shape. I don’t think they would scrub on the flywheel. Can I use this stator? Or do I need a different one? Also what’s the best way to clean it? Manual says only to use a clean rag. There are tiny bits of magnet stuck to it. Thanks for any replies
Helmet Automotive tire Sports gear Brush Glove

Tire Automotive tire Cosmetics Tread Nail

Black Yellow Automotive tire Finger Tire

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I don’t think those stators are to expensive anyways so I will look into getting a new or good used one. In the first reply he said they usually have some wear. Does the stator make contact with the magnets or is it just really close to the flywheel?

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oddly the closest ski Doo dealer in Cornwall Ontario had a new flywheel in stock for 550.00 plus tax, he wasn’t sure if it was the updated flywheel or not. I looked on eBay and yes they were ranging from 380.00 to over 800.00 for used flywheel. I ended up getting one from cycle salvage In Peterborough for 200.00 plus 40.00 shipping. Not the 1 piece magnet but in beautiful shape. Maybe I’m thinking wrong but I would prefer a good used stator from a reputable salvage yard than a new aftermarket one. Not a lot of experience but I always worry the aftermarket stuff won’t fit and/or work right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts