·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
Ohhh that's NICE!!!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ordered a dual battery setup for the new ride. I have read that winch use can suck the oem batt down pretty quick. Anyone running a dual batt setup on their can am?

Also ordered a 40" lightbar, some light pods, mirrors, and 2 rollpax. Never seen these rollpax before but i think i will like them. Tube style fuel jerry cans that mount to rollbars. Anyone tried these before? They are 1.5 gal each and made by rotopax.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
Ordered a dual battery setup for the new ride. I have read that winch use can suck the oem batt down pretty quick. Anyone running a dual batt setup on their can am?

Also ordered a 40" lightbar, some light pods, mirrors, and 2 rollpax. Never seen these rollpax before but i think i will like them. Tube style fuel jerry cans that mount to rollbars. Anyone tried these before? They are 1.5 gal each and made by rotopax.
So far I haven't had any issues with the winch - just keep the thing running when using the winch.

Light bars are always a good idea. I'm afraid the way I use mine a higher mounted one wouldn't last one. I have the little one up front. It's been good on this one, I popped it off a few times on my last one.

On the Rollpax, looks good, I'd probably never need it. The darn Defenders are so easy on gas it shouldn't be an issue. That said, if I has a Turbo RR I'd probably have one too! :lol:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So far I haven't had any issues with the winch - just keep the thing running when using the winch.

Light bars are always a good idea. I'm afraid the way I use mine a higher mounted one wouldn't last one. I have the little one up front. It's been good on this one, I popped it off a few times on my last one.

On the Rollpax, looks good, I'd probably never need it. The darn Defenders are so easy on gas it shouldn't be an issue. That said, if I has a Turbo RR I'd probably have one too! :lol:
Yea from what i have read with the mavs' if the rpms arent around 2,500-3000, a winch can suck the batt down. Especially if there is other power draws on at the time like lights stereo etc.. i figured a dual batt couldnt hurt eh?

As far as the light bar, it will go above the windshield but the mount i ordered with it looks like it should keep it lower and a little in front of where i see a lot of em mounted. Hopefully it wont get ripped off in the trees, haha! But, i didnt buy cheap chinese junk either soo no worries. I have another 10" bar ill put on the front shock tower, then the pods will be for lighting up the sides and rear. Should be enough light on her for any night time shenanigans i find myself into.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive got a new commander max xt coming supposedly this month yet. I sure hope i like it pretty nervous about a new model sight unseen.

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
The model is new but the parts around it are pretty well tried and true.

I looked at one at the 2022 Ski Doo tour, if it's what you want/need it looked pretty well done. For me a Defender is a better choice, but thats me. Like everything else, be honest in how you're using it and choose wisely.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ive got a new commander max xt coming supposedly this month yet. I sure hope i like it pretty nervous about a new model sight unseen.
new model shares a lot of similarities of CAN-AMs other SxS models and there's nothing to be nervous about! I also put my money down on the new 2021 commander max XT dealer told me next month. I got his dealer stock order and he was saying it's going to be August before he gets more ATV's/SxS.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I was interested in a commander also, but there is literally zero of them available in the state. It would most likely be late july or aug before any arrive that arent pre sold. Same with the defenders. Soo my options were pretty limited if i wanted a can am product sooner than later. Polaris sxs's are available all over, and of all models. But i dont like lowering my standards..... haha!

The x3 xmr i ended up with was actually "sold" already also, but apparently that person was dragging their feet. i walked in with a check ready to take it home, and i did just that. That dude will now receive the next xmr that comes in... haha! Being a frequent customer since 2006 prolly helped out with that some also... The x3 wasnt exactly what i wanted, but will fill my needs just fine. I wanted something to run the beaches with, use for surf fishing, and some occasional fun trail use. No complaints so far! 195 hp, this thing is a beast!! All smiles ????

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Sorry about your previous experience!

Bud has the 2021 mav. 4 seater 195hp? Another bud has an older one before the mavericks (1000 v-twin belt eater) and yet another has a mav. 2020? 2 seater 170hp. They are all hard on them and pile on miles. Just like the sleds, plan on 1,000's in accessories after the purchase.

Its pretty unreal what they will do stock, especially in the whooped out muddy and sandy trails.

Besides buds older can-am v-twin belt eater the newer mavericks have had zero issues and just oil/air filter changes.
On the underlined BOLD .... what years were the belt eaters??? I have been looking at side x sides and just wondering if there are years to stay away from

Thanks Michael M

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
The early Commanders could be belt eaters, I'm thinking the early Mavericks shared some DNA with the early Commanders.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Never tore one up on my 17' Commander but did change it out.... a HUGH PITA! 1/2 the machine had to be taken apart and those dopey plastic push in pop rivet fasteners>>>>> the Defender is a dream to wrench on compared to them.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Anyone ever use one of these?? Just got it in the mail. Its a Pro Eagle phoenix model co2 powered air jack. Quality looks awesome, and its rated for 2000 lbs. i have read about guys saying they have used it to raise a 3/4 ton truck enough to swap a tire. Seems like it should hold up to sxs use just fine! Also got the quick release roll bar mount for it. Ill give it a test run here in the drive in the next day or two and check her all out. Looks sweet!!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 68 Posts