Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a maverick? Considering finally stepping into the sxs game. Not much available locally to buy at the moment. But there is one turbo xmr maverick available close to me. Debating if i should pull the trigger, or order something and wait who knows how long for it to arrive. Last time i tried to order a can am i waited all summer and by the time hunting season came and gone, i just got my deposit back..

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Sorry about your previous experience!

Bud has the 2021 mav. 4 seater 195hp? Another bud has an older one before the mavericks (1000 v-twin belt eater) and yet another has a mav. 2020? 2 seater 170hp. They are all hard on them and pile on miles. Just like the sleds, plan on 1,000's in accessories after the purchase.

Its pretty unreal what they will do stock, especially in the whooped out muddy and sandy trails.

Besides buds older can-am v-twin belt eater the newer mavericks have had zero issues and just oil/air filter changes.

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
Since I can only justify one, and how I use it, I bought a Defender - its flippin awesome.

It I win the Powerball there would be a Mavrick in the garage beside it. They're pretty BA.

Reactions: Judge64

·
Registered
634 Posts
I got a 2018 maverick x3 xds. It’s definitely super fun. Me and 5 buddies were sitting around drinking on a Sunday and one says “let’s buy rzr’s.” Everyone was like ok but I said I’m buying a maverick, after they all got their rzr’s and I got my maverick they all said they wished they would’ve bought a maverick.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have considered the defender, and while a great machine, its a little too utility for what i want/need at the moment. Commander would be a good fit also, but along with the defender, there are none available for purchase within about 6 hrs of me. I have found a mav xmr rr, and two mav rs r’s. If i chose to go polaris, there is a slew of different models around for purchase at the moment. But i am trying to avoid that at all costs! Haha

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
Thats why I bought a utility myself. Honestly use it more than i thought possible.
Oh yeah. I never thought I wanted one, bought one when I had my heart deal. I put 1,700 miles on mine the first year.

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
Poo sxs's usually arent to bad. They kind of brought the sxs thing to life and have been doing it the longest. Still have silly poo problems but they have nice guages!
Check out some of Moparmans posts. He bought a Poo, I'm pretty sure if he was doing it again it'd be a Can Am, but I'll let him answer that.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Check out some of Moparmans posts. He bought a Poo, I'm pretty sure if he was doing it again it'd be a Can Am, but I'll let him answer that.
Poo is the only one with a mid size machine that actually goes above 35mph and can do work. I haul mine in the bed of my truck when towing. #1 reason for the purchase was to use at the mud bogs with the mud truck. Add in the plow, towing and hauling capabilities and I use mine for work on my property 90% of the time now. Oh and I tow my small boat with it too. If I trail ride, i can get down the narrow trails near my house as its 52" or so wide.

If I go bigger I dont know if poo would get my business. Theres so many models from so many manufactures now and more coming out every year its hard to keep track.

Oh and if it helps the OP at all: Another bud has a 2020? turbo rzr 4 seater. After driving and riding in the maverick and rzr back to back the quality differences are quite noticeable. The rzr is more of a upright seating position and higher ground clearance. Buds big suspension 4 seater mav. was 32k and the rzr 4 seater turbo was 20k. The balance of the two when driving is different as well.

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
The little RZR has its place, for sure. Sounds perfect for how you're using it.

On the 32k to 20k, obviously that wasn't comparing apples to apples. Doo & Poo tend to keep their pricing a lot closer than that.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yup Bruce.......woulda coulda shoulda. Between the low mileage squeaks, rattles,diff noise, door latch fails and windshield leaks the polaris is awesome. Oh did I mention the suspension arms paint pealing off in under 1,000 miles?

God forbid if I was younger and really used the thing and put it through its paces........

·
E-Tec Rules
33,762 Posts
BIL has RzR 570. Its junk. He bought it new. If it sits for a moth the battery goes dead. His Yamaha grizzly 660 that is older one starts right up after sitting for a while. My neighbor had a 2008 bobcat utv. Basically a Polaris ranger. That was beat on daily. Had over 3k hours. 12 years he had it. It was wore out. Never had any motor trouble. Shocked me that it still ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
866 Posts
Not nearly as fun as riding sleds. Not even close.
Agree completely. ATVs and SXS don't come close to sleds. I don't know if it's the snow or what. Makes me wonder if someone would build an off road trail machine for dirt that has characteristics more like a sled would it be a similar experience. Seems like ATVs are more for mud and low speed rough terrain. The new Can Am Ryker Rally touches on the concept but not quite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
The little RZR has its place, for sure. Sounds perfect for how you're using it.

On the 32k to 20k, obviously that wasn't comparing apples to apples. Doo & Poo tend to keep their pricing a lot closer than that.
The turbo rzr is a '19 or '20 and purchased before the "situation." The mav is some special package 195hp or whatever but both are very similar equipped, purchased summer of '21.

Well....... it happened........
Whatd ya get??????????

Not nearly as fun as riding sleds. Not even close.
Agreed!

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
The turbo rzr is a '19 or '20 and purchased before the "situation." The mav is some special package 195hp or whatever but both are very similar equipped, purchased summer of '21
Gotta be a big HP difference. I know with the Can Am there is a 900T, a 900R, and a 900RR. Big difference in HP and pricing.

Apples to apples they are close in pricing.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts