Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 308 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
Yesterday morning, getting a little wood for hunting camp;

olxTfvS.jpg

Last night my wife was out of town so it made the trip to the bar/pizza place for supper. Busy day on the Defender.

Reactions: 6100D

·
E-Tec Rules
33,535 Posts
Hows the room in them? Went and looked at Rangers the other day. Its tight fit for big guy like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,618 Posts
Hows the room in them? Went and looked at Rangers the other day. Its tight fit for big guy like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is the room????? Well we had a Polaris general and have a 6'10" son in law that could not even think about getting in it. We would of had to cut 6 inches out of the dash just to get him in their. LOL And the Defender he has no problem getting in and out. Drivers or passenger side>>>>>

The General is more of a sporty type trail machine compared to the defender. The rangers seem to me a little less room though>>>>

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Never an issue with room. I went nuts finally washing my XMR after a few mucky jobs. Did the engine bay for the first time. I have been spraying silicone spray all over the suspension components, and 98% of the dirt/mud just hoses right off. The rest is just elbow grease. I installed an aftermarket rear window, mine came with the clearish vinyl one, which I did not care for. The hardware and such on the aftermarket rear window is excellent, the fitment, not so much. I had to trim off a half inch on the sides, one quarter on each side, to get the window into the frame. PITA! Whoever measured this thing at the factory should be strung up by their blz.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
What window was so far off?

I have a ClearlyTough windshield - awesome piece, and a SuperATV rear window - that one is OK. It fits well, just scratches too easily.

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Better than being too small????????????????

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,618 Posts
They sure are going to offer many models with plenty to choose from. Good job Can Am>>>>

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
The new Pro looks pretty sweet as a BA all out work machine too.

Reactions: 6100D

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,618 Posts
The new Pro looks pretty sweet as a BA all out work machine too.
yes and it looks like they just did away with the rear seats and added the bed to that machine then>> pretty clever>>>

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
Pretty cleaver - yeah it is!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
One complaint I have with the Defender Cab is how noisy the cab is. Apparently I was not the only one. I am curious to see how much this quiets them down.

Quiet companion

Newly refined, Defender has more insulation, a thicker firewall, new exhaust and CVT cover. You just have to drive it-but watching it work will do for now.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Sorry not a defender but..................I thought the same on my new ranger, i was getting too much noise and dust with a full cab enclosure. I looked into it...and there is a extra premium insulation kit that comes on the north star. I built mine at the dealer to keep the cost under 20k by adding all the upgrades, better glass, tilt...heater, insulated headliner and doors..ect.............. Dealer didnt make me aware of the kit...so for 150 beans i got it....world of difference That and goin to a street radial which really made a noise difference riding in the summer. Both of these quieted it down a bunch.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Liking my Defender XMR more and more for trail work. The extra clearance is great for getting over logs and big rocks. Seems like to motor is starting to loosen up, great grunt power for pulling and super steep climbing. The wiper was icing on the cake yesterday in VT, heavy rain . A wee bit thirsty though, but fun must cost!

Attachments

·
Registered
783 Posts
The DEF Xmr is the number one selling BRP SXS @ our dealership. Really great rig!

The new DEF CAB is much quieter! They advertised 30% noise reduction in the CAB. I cant say if it actually 30% but it is noticeably quieter and the upgraded/updated insulation kit/ cab fitment should help with the dust intrusion issues as well!

Very happy to be a BRP dealer with all the tremendous SXS options!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looks sharp! If you get a chance I would like to see pictures with the tracks on. Thanks Pretty cool defender❄

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
Looks good!

I'm 995 miles so far, I can't get over how flippin handy and fun it is.

They had a 2020 XMR at the Big East Show tonight - pretty darn nice!

41 - 60 of 308 Posts