Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 308 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
Here are a couple pics of our defender HD 10 on the farm. If you notice the bar towards the top of the dump box, one side is missing. El cheapo brackets with a rivet into plastic. Not gonna work for us hauling wood and or rocks. We have the electric dump also on the box and a wireless remote for the winch.
attachicon.gif
20190814_115421.jpg
attachicon.gif
20190814_115438.jpg
How good does the electric dump work?

We sell the same style actuators BRP uses at work. At first I thought I needed it, after picking rock with mine this past Spring I'm thinking I'm good without it for now, but I am interested to hear how good or bad it works.

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,618 Posts
How good does the electric dump work?

We sell the same style actuators BRP uses at work. At first I thought I needed it, after picking rock with mine this past Spring I'm thinking I'm good without it for now, but I am interested to hear how good or bad it works.
Super great. Never once has the electric dump failed me or have we had to help, assist the dump. And we have loaded this with rock, wood, and dirt plum full.

Now my HD 8 does not have the electric dump on it and I wish I had it for the once or twice a year I might need it at some other property we own but for the price guess we are gonna pass but at the farm I would not be without the electric dump>>>>

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,618 Posts
When I get to my other property I will post some pics on what we did for our wireless winch for 20 bucks compared to what BRP wanted for their wireless winch control thru Warn winch>>>>

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
I hate my Defender, just hate it. :lol:

Yes, that is wicked scarcaism.

Wednesday night it was doing some decent farm duty work.

Last night we hopped in it, my niece following on her Outlander, and we rode up to Barnes Corners for dinner.

Darn thing can't decide if it wants to work or play - seems to do a mighty fine job with both.

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Do these things have AC? If so, is it strong enough to keep up? That's alot of glass.....

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
No A/C. On ours we still have the side nets, not doors. We also have a flip down windshield, although it hasn't been down yet. It's also a plastic windshield, so it's not bad on heat.

The full cab model normally has a flip up windshield and power windows.

You could always add an aftermarket A/C if needed. Knowing BRP I'm a bit surprised they haven't offered it as a factory option yet.

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,618 Posts
The wireless winch control I bought through amazon and we will see how long it last for 20 bucks. But I wired with push pins where brp has a plug in for their own long cord for the winch. This was way easier than crawling under the dash and wiring their. So I just found the hot and the the in and out and then wired. It will be easy to take out also if need to be if the machine is sold or for something else someday. These are the hand held controls also. Works nice. View attachment 1877245 View attachment 1877247 View attachment 1877249

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
I can't get over how much this thing is being used. I posted Saturday morning on the run we did Friday night.

After that, it headed to the woods for a full day of food plot and fire wood gathering work. Sunday my wife used it for landscape duty around the house. Last night it made it's weekly run for $1.00 drafts. It has become the most used piece of equipment I own.

Hmm...might have to look into tracks for the winter. :unsure_old:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
No A/C. On ours we still have the side nets, not doors. We also have a flip down windshield, although it hasn't been down yet. It's also a plastic windshield, so it's not bad on heat.

The full cab model normally has a flip up windshield and power windows.

You could always add an aftermarket A/C if needed. Knowing BRP I'm a bit surprised they haven't offered it as a factory option yet.
Can-Am factory A/C is coming. My BRP Rep friend thought it was coming for MY 2020, but it didn't.

John Deere is already offering A/C on some of their Gator line, so you know it is only a matter of time before the other OEMs such as Can-Am and Polaris follow suit.

My one complaint with the Defender Cab is the engine/driveline noise in the cab. Obviously in time they will get quieter and smoother.

·
E-Tec Rules
33,535 Posts
Can-Am factory A/C is coming. My BRP Rep friend thought it was coming for MY 2020, but it didn't.

John Deere is already offering A/C on some of their Gator line, so you know it is only a matter of time before the other OEMs such as Can-Am and Polaris follow suit.

My one complaint with the Defender Cab is the engine/driveline noise in the cab. Obviously in time they will get quieter and smoother.
polaris has AC already. Its been out for few years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sportsman1776

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,618 Posts
I can't get over how much this thing is being used. I posted Saturday morning on the run we did Friday night.

After that, it headed to the woods for a full day of food plot and fire wood gathering work. Sunday my wife used it for landscape duty around the house. Last night it made it's weekly run for $1.00 drafts. It has become the most used piece of equipment I own.

Hmm...might have to look into tracks for the winter. :unsure_old:
^^^^^ This will never be fast enough for you in the winter on snow>>>>>>>>> :D :lol:

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
as long as he doesnt expect to do 50 mph on the snow with it and plans to use it for slow work around the house, it would probably be perfect. the only complaint i have heard is the tracks are not good on the lake if you get into slush or down to bare ice while trying to pull. nothing will be though, so you cant expect a sxs with tracks to be any better.

i even contemplated selling a sled and getting some tracks for my x3, it would probably be a blast in the snow.

keep up the great information!! i am learning a lot about the defender lineup.

steve

Reactions: MX-Z Man and 6100D

·
Registered
783 Posts
The Polaris Ranger Northstar Edition has had AC for 3 plus years. I was in a 2019 RGR NS and it is a really smooth riding machine. And AC is cold enough to see your breathe in a few minutes. We are getting snow above 4K feet. Winter is coming.

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
I'd want tracks for hunting and honestly, doing our Monday night $1.00 draft run! :lol:

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've been looking at these Defenders for some time. They certainly would be more useful for trail signing and trail work in general versus my existing Outlander. Tough deciding between the XT-Cab, XT-P, and the XMR. They each have unique features/options.

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
All depends on what you want to do with it.

Is a cab a deal breaker? Then here you go. Its a darn sweet cab too.

Are better shocks your #1 priority? The stock shocks are OK but XT-P has upgraded shocks.

Are you going to work with it or is mudding what you're looking to do? If so the XMR is probably the way to go.

For me the XT has been a great choice. I think I'd hurt a cab working in the tight woods. The XT-P would have been nice but the extra $$$ wasn't in the budget. The XMR just wasn't a consideration for my usage.

·
Registered
279 Posts
In a perfect world for me I’d get the XT-Cab and put the XT-P shocks on it. And then give it the ride height of the XMR. I think I’ll be holding out for A/C before I make a purchase though.

·
Super Moderator
29,339 Posts
In a perfect world for me I'd get the XT-Cab and put the XT-P shocks on it. And then give it the ride height of the XMR. I think I'll be holding out for A/C before I make a purchase though.
It'll be interesting to see what they do with the XT-P going forward. For 2020 the HD10 got some nice upgrades, part being a revised suspension. With that revision, the XT-P lost the Fox shocks. On the HD10s, the DPS, XT, and XT-P all share the same shocks.

21 - 40 of 308 Posts