Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, could use some advice. Have a 99 GT 700 Tripple. It’s overheated a couple times randomly and I noticed the coolant is a few inches below the fill line after I filled it up earlier. It runs fine, compression is great and the plugs aren’t coolant washed at all. Not seeing any leaks in the cab, nothings leaking out the exhaust and don’t smell anti-freeze when it’s running. I’m at a loss on what to look at first. Head gasket? Water pump? Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey guys, could use some advice. Have a 99 GT 700 Tripple. It’s overheated a couple times randomly and I noticed the coolant is a few inches below the fill line after I filled it up earlier. It runs fine, compression is great and the plugs aren’t coolant washed at all. Not seeing any leaks in the cab, nothings leaking out the exhaust and don’t smell anti-freeze when it’s running. I’m at a loss on what to look at first. Head gasket? Water pump? Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks for the help.
pressure test it the same principal as an automobile.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Any chance it was just working out some air pockets from overheating? And yes, pressure test the coolant system.

I'd also check the coolers in the tunnel, make sure you didn't get something up thru them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts