Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New to this forum, what's up?

Long story short, I've inherited a 1972 Olympique that was sitting in the barn on the property I moved onto. Never really payed much attention to it, but this year I got bored, and managed to get it to start surprisingly easily - bit of oil, bit of fuel, it fired up.

I've been going through it, cleaning, greasing, etc. There was a brand new Challenger track beside it - now, at first I thought it would fit, but now I'm not so sure. Pics below of what I think the parts numbers are:

20201230_205714.jpg

20201230_205720.jpg

I've googled and managed to not really pull up anything on what size, pitch, length etc this track is, just some listings on old Yamahas that had it. Doing some measuring I'm fairly sure it won't fit (I think it's too long), but if anyone has any other info that'd be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Take a tape and mesure the width
to mesure the length mesure the distance between two lugs and than multiply that by the amount of lugs are in the track this should give you some pretty close mesurents and also and mesure the centre to centre distance of the track windows on the one on the machine and compare it to your current track
The stock track on an oly is 114" long and 15" wide

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
And unless I'm mistaken the pitch should be 1.97 inches?

Reactions: john170950

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Measured the length and pitch, it's around 135" long, 2.5 pitch, so I don't think this will fit. Thanks guys, maybe I can sell this and get something out of it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If the current track on the olympic is not tight, or so loose you can not tension it properly, you'll be ok with it. Even if it looks like crap and cracked etc.. I think you'd have a hard time shredding it, probably destroy your cogs before it gives out.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
679-9781 is the old Camoplast part #. 9781T was a track # as well, might be the same thing just a more recent part #. The IP... is most likely a code for the production date/batch.

You could call Camso and they would tell you exactly what it is.

Reactions: Kingsville Doo Nut

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the current track on the olympic is not tight, or so loose you can not tension it properly, you'll be ok with it. Even if it looks like crap and cracked etc.. I think you'd have a hard time shredding it, probably destroy your cogs before it gives out.
Current track's a bit beat up, some loose threads, no lugs really left, but my plan for this thing is for it to be a farm/beater sled that I can use when there's not really any snow around (as happens quite a bit where I live). I was only considering swapping it because I wanted to take apart the track to grease everything up and check the cogs, bogies anyways.

679-9781 is the old Camoplast part #. 9781T was a track # as well, might be the same thing just a more recent part #. The IP... is most likely a code for the production date/batch.

You could call Camso and they would tell you exactly what it is.
Might do that just so that if I throw it up for sale online I can give the exact dimensions, thanks man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts