Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am going to buy a new trackfor my 97 Mach Z. I think i have it narrowed down to an "ice claw" or a "predator"
I was leaning toward the ice claw but I would like some of your advice.

1) Do those picks in the track last very long?
2) Do they have enough penatration?
3) do the rip out?
anything else i should know?

Thanks

Chuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
red85k100rs said:
Hi,
I am going to buy a new trackfor my 97 Mach Z. I think i have it narrowed down to an "ice claw" or a "predator"
I was leaning toward the ice claw but I would like some of your advice.

1) Do those picks in the track last very long?
2) Do they have enough penatration?
3) do the rip out?
anything else i should know?

Thanks

Chuck
[snapback]698622[/snapback]​
Hi Chuck,
I also have a '97 Mach Z that had a stock track without studs and I just put the Ice Claw on this season. I only have put on 1000 km but here is what I noticed; track hooks up better and sled is more stable when cornering, better braking, excellent on hard packed trails, a lot better on ice but not the same as studs. The picks are suppose to last longer since they are surrounded by the lugs. I am very happy with the track. I think I may have lost a litle top end though.
Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking almost the same thing except i was thinking i wouldn't loose any top end because the track is lighter without picks, pluss less rotating mass to rob horsepower. Is my thinking wrong?

Chuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
red85k100rs said:
Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking almost the same thing except i was thinking i wouldn't loose any top end because the track is lighter without picks, pluss less rotating mass to rob horsepower. Is my thinking wrong?

Chuck
[snapback]700189[/snapback]​
ttt
 

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
red85k100rs said:
red85k100rs said:
Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking almost the same thing except i was thinking i wouldn't loose any top end because the track is lighter without picks, pluss less rotating mass to rob horsepower. Is my thinking wrong?

Chuck
[snapback]700189[/snapback]​
ttt
[snapback]701480[/snapback]​
I switched form a studded (144) track to an ice claw on a 800 Rev. It allows a little more play & spin (I think its funner). Its hooks-up noticeably better than unstudded machines that I ride with and I gained about 4-5 mph on top over my standard studded track. I have also seemed to gain 1-2 mpg over the studded track. BTW the Ice Claw comes with a 2 year warranty that includes the studs. I would of went with the Ice Ripper if it were out when I bought this one but I don't know if you could have 1.25" lugs with studs on your machine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
red85k100rs said:
Hi,
I am going to buy a new trackfor my 97 Mach Z. I think i have it narrowed down to an "ice claw" or a "predator"
I was leaning toward the ice claw but I would like some of your advice.

1) Do those picks in the track last very long?
2) Do they have enough penatration?
3) do the rip out?
anything else i should know?

Thanks

Chuck
[snapback]698622[/snapback]​
I have run one and thought it was a solid product.


1. Better control on the trails than without studs.
2. Useless for lake racing.
3. Studs don't pull out and become gradually more exposed with track wear.
4. Better top end than with studs in a conventional track, less mass and less ballooning effect.
4. Overall, high quality and delivers what Camoplast claims.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top