Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by Calvin Felker, Summit Freerider

My summer has definitely been busy. We work so hard in the dealership during the winter and ride our sleds so hard on weekends, I really kicked back this summer. Raced motocross, wake surfed, hiked and mountain biked.

At the end of June, I picked up to go motocross racing for a few weeks with a friend. We raced in Michigan first at Log Road MX Park and then a real treat - the legendary Red Bud on amateur day. Over the 4th of July weekend we got to watch the pros race. This is definitely something to put on your to do list if you haven't been to that race.

While out there, we met Jessie Williams, a 19 year old trying to get his pro card. We hit the Benefit Indoor Supercross Race in Greeley, Colo., where he asked me to help him with his starts and be a part of the pit crew. That was fun. We wrapped up our tour by racing a local motocross at Two Rivers Raceway and a small county-fair-style supercross in Nebraska.

We spent some time on the lake, where I learned how to wake surf and airchair. Both are really fun, but definitely make me feel out of my element. I did some mountain bikingaround the local trails and hiked Longs Peak. At Seminoe Reservoir in Wyoming, I rock climbed, mountain biked and hiked.

I thought I would be chilling out this summer, but looking back, I packed a lot in. The season is coming soon and I can't wait. THINK SNOW!

I am definately looking forward to winter. Only a couple more months and we will be on the hill riding sleds! Think SNOW!

CLICK on the images below to see them full size or to launch a slide show.

View the full article

1 - 1 of 1 Posts