Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunting season just ended a couple months ago, but I'm already longing for fall again. What's everyone's favorite weapon? not looking for a full list of what you have, just what's preferred. Here's my faves.

-Remington 700RMEF in .300 Ultra Mag. wearing a Pentax right now but looking for new glass

-Weatherby Mark V in .257 Wby. Mag. w/ 4.5-14x40 Leupold vari-x III

-Mathews Switchback 29" 71# w/ Trophy ridge matrix 5 pin, Trophy ridge quiver, Whisker Biscuit, Sims stabilizer and limbsavers, Beeman ICS arrows with 100gr. NAP nitrons

I listed two of my rifles because there is just no way to pick one over the other.

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
A Tikka T3 stainless synthetic in 22-250 is the rifle I carry every day.
And my Remington 700 in 308 is what i use for elk every fall.
Looking at a Bennelli Super Black Eagle for the fall but I have been told the Berretta Extrema2 is even better. Has anyone shot both guns?

·
2,311 Posts
And my bow is a Bear Code. I haven't been bowhunting for about 7 years but I think its time to go back out this fall. I just enjoy bowhunting in the fall, can't think of any better way to spend an evening.
JMO.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
I shoot the Browning Gold Hunter 3.5 12 gauge. I like the safety position compared to the Beretta, but I still like the beretta too!

all your ducks are belong to me

·
2,311 Posts
MTM said:
I shoot the Browning Gold Hunter 3.5 12 gauge. I like the safety position compared to the Beretta, but I still like the beretta too!

[snapback]742746[/snapback]​
Is that the semi or pump? You can have all the ducks, I just want to get rid of all my ravens, magpies, and pigeons.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
I perfer my early 1900's or late 1800's (not exactly sure) Mauser 7mm. Its an old war rifle, came from south american somewhere, my grandpa had it for years and never shot it, I figured out the casing and loads, and loaded some up! Has the old iron scope and bayonet. Cool gun to hunt with, just learning how to shoot it, only hunted with it two seasons, but I shot 3 deer with it!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Those are some nice weapons guys...but at -30C bouncing around on a sled I take my British 303, can't remember the namebrand of the scope but all together I paid $250.00 for the outfit. The rifle was a WWII surplus but from the condition the rifling I'm guessing it was never issued.

Caribou tags are $10.00/ea and you can get 5 each season, Moose Tags 10.00/ea one per season.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
My old favorite was my Remington 700 classic .35 whelen with a 4x compact leupold..

I recently purchased a new Ruger M77-Mark 2 stainless/synthetic 300 Win Mag and had it topped off with a Nikon Monarch 3x9x40mm matte finish scope.. I can cover 3 shot groups at 120 yards all day long with my thumb tip.. I recommend this gun to anyone..

I also have a newer PSE for bow season but looking to get a mathews or a Hoyt trykon for next year

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
nannerboy said:
talking about tickets, saturday five of us went to redfield to get gas and when we left we went across the lake heading back twards ceder pines. when we crossed the road we got stopped and they pulled my brother over because he has a aftermarket pipe on it. they told us it was illegal in the state of n.y. for anything aftermarket. we then stopped at barrows performance an a guy was in there that had the same sh&% happen to him. does anyone know the story or what? thats bullsh&%, ya hear alot of pipes when your rideing. fill me in.
[snapback]718904[/snapback]​
Are they Russian pistols ?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I shot my first moose this year with a model 70 winchester bolt action .270,
we hunt coyotes and seals with a mini 14 ranch rifle .223, both have leupold scopes. I have a beretta xtreme2 semi auto shotgun that I use for rabbits, ducks, gease, and skeet shooting. also have a rugar pistol for target shooting.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
MTM said:

[snapback]742746[/snapback]​
The Gun Master that developed the Gold Hunter is the curator at the Browning Museum here in Ogden. That's what I shoot as well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just my favorites.
Deer: Pre 64 Winchester Mod 88, .308 Leupold 4X
Others: Weatherby Vanguard .270 Leupold Vari X II 3x9
Plaything: Colt AR-15 HBAR Match Target .223 No Glass

Buckmasters G-2, Carbon ICS400, Spitfire Broadheads, Silent & Deadly
Spare rig: Golden Eagle Ultra Evolution.
Honda Sportsman 4x4. To get me to the critters

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yellow Fever said:
Ducks - Benelli SBE & Winchester SX2
Deer - Wby Vangard in 300 Win Mag.
[snapback]743084[/snapback]​
Hey,Yellow fever, Did your bolt get recalled on the Vanguard? Sent mine to weatherby as per their recall, got it back in less than a week. Awesome out of the box accuracy!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.