Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering when Ski-Doo stopped using the C46 (no compr./reb. adjustments on the x packages at least) and started using the C36 clicker shock. Did the C36 come with a remote reservoir? If not, why did they DECREASE the size of the shock body.....for lighter weight? But isn't that a step backwards? Can't be, but just curious.

I'm thinking 2002 was the last year for the zx-x chassis, with the SC10 III skid, but forget if it got a C46 or a C36 clicker (remote reservoir) rear skid shock. If it got the C36 clicker, just wondering if there are any for sale. While I'm at it, if there are any piggyback front shocks for sale.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 2002 have C36 with Remote reservoir. They are nok adjustable so you have to chims the setup to change the shocks hardness. I have them on my sled, and they work fine!

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Will those piggybacks fit on a zx (non-tilt and non-race) chassis? Or are they too long?

·
Registered
43 Posts
freddy2 said:
Thanks! Will those piggybacks fit on a zx (non-tilt and non-race) chassis? Or are they too long?
[snapback]733501[/snapback]​
They will fit if you have the SC 10 III rear suspension. And im pretty sure they will fit other rear suspensions (SC 10, SC 10 II) "edit for bad language" well! They are not SO much longer the the stock shocks!

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I thought you were a mind reader, I was looking at the little picture of your '02 MXZ X 440, the front piggyback shocks, that was what my question was intended for. I ask because of the whopping 11.5" travel, and a magazine I read that made it sound like the shock angle was steeper (when viewed from the front), made possible be a re-located top shock mount on the zx-x racer chassis (as opposed to on the consumer zx-x x package chassis, which coincidentally has only 10" long piggybacks). Do you know? Or do you know the eye-eye distance on those front shocks?

Also, do you know if the C46 would fit in a 136" SC10 III skid?

·
Registered
43 Posts
freddy2 said:
Sorry, I thought you were a mind reader, I was looking at the little picture of your '02 MXZ X 440, the front piggyback shocks, that was what my question was intended for. I ask because of the whopping 11.5" travel, and a magazine I read that made it sound like the shock angle was steeper (when viewed from the front), made possible be a re-located top shock mount on the zx-x racer chassis (as opposed to on the consumer zx-x x package chassis, which coincidentally has only 10" long piggybacks). Do you know? Or do you know the eye-eye distance on those front shocks?

Also, do you know if the C46 would fit in a 136" SC10 III skid?
[snapback]734456[/snapback]​
Im not sure if the front piggiback shocks fits your sled! They are longer then your stock shocks, so im not sure if its room for them. But if it is, i don't think it would be a problem to fit them on to your sled!
The C46 rear shock is no problem fitting in your SC 10 III skid. The REV X-package in 2004 have C46 installed don't they?

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure about the Rev 2004 x package, but I was going to install it in a Legend GT zx chassis 136" SC10 III skid.

I just heard of someone that has installed '02 440 piggybacks in a '99 MXZ 600, so in a standard zx chassis. So I guess the huge length is not a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts