Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey guys I bought new C&A RZ's this year and I'm noticing that the plastic part of the ski that sticks down to give you more bite is wearing down fairly quick only put 1000 miles on this year so far. Do they tend to wear down like this quickly at the start and then the wearing slows down after a bit? Also I don't think it could be from the roads because they've been snow covered pretty well while riding and the carbides are still in mint condition

Thanks for any input!

·
Super Moderator
17,983 Posts
I had about three sets of razors over the years and had thousands of miles and they would still look new. If it's wearing really bad I would say maybe the conditions were poor?

·
Registered
947 Posts
roads don't typically wear the ski cause you are riding on the carbide...not sure where you are but how have your trail conditions been this year. In Ny they have been poor...lots of rocks and dirt. Post pic of the ski bottoms

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Are you saying the front of your keel is wearing down?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do you think the wear could be from when i'm on the side of the road and riding the side of the snowbank and maybe that lifts the carbide off the ground? there is definitely more wear on the left ski than the right. And the conditions haven't been great but not anything really bad.

I well also add some pics of it when I get home this weekend so you guys can have a look

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
You said it, "ROAD" is the key word. It might look like there is plenty of snow to you but your ski thinks otherwise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts