Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for starting yet another thread about c&a skis but ive searched and havent found one specific to the 2016 129 chasis.

Ive got a 16 800 x and just put a set of c&a razors on last week, with 6" shaper bars.

Ive got my suspension setup as follows... and im 170lb

torsion on 2

coupler on 2-3 depending on the day

front skid shock almost full soft

front ski springs on number 2

all rebounds in the middle

Before I installed the c&a i had the stock skis with 6" shaper in the middle, 4" on the outside and it absolutely railed, cornered flat absolutely loved the way it handled excpet if pushing the sled to the max it would push in the corners....

The c&a on the other hand Ive got 112 miles on them so far and boy do they hook up... not once no matter how hard i pushed it did i feel it get pushy in the corner, railed awesome. BUT the steering effort was quite a bit more than the stock skis (which i expected) and I dont mind that. Im fine with the added steering effort if that means its going to turn.

But what I dont like about them is a feel of uneasy ness when just cruising, i felt like the skis were constantly darting and wandering and hunting for previous sleds ski trails. kind of throwing me all over the place if you will, UNLESS i was riding hard, then it handled great.

What im looking for is other 2016 129 owners who have the c&a razors on there sled and what there impressions are for the skis and if your very happy with them, what is your suspension settings?

I know that I can stiffen up my front skid shock to take a little weight off the front skis and will most likely help with the darting? But my sled corners so flat right now I dont want to go back to having ski lift in the corners.

Appreciate anyones input.... also thought maybe theres a chance my tow is off? whcih im now 100% sure how to check that but im sure I can figure it out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that and will certainly try it, like I said I was just afraid by doing that, that I would have a more tippy sled in the corners, I want the sled to remain flat in the corners with no inside ski left. Maybe/hopefully increasing center sprin g preload wont make it tippy, im just expressing my concern.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry for starting yet another thread about c&a skis but ive searched and havent found one specific to the 2016 129 chasis.

Ive got a 16 800 x and just put a set of c&a razors on last week, with 6" shaper bars.

Ive got my suspension setup as follows... and im 170lb

torsion on 2
coupler on 2-3 depending on the day
front skid shock almost full soft
front ski springs on number 2
all rebounds in the middle

Before I installed the c&a i had the stock skis with 6" shaper in the middle, 4" on the outside and it absolutely railed, cornered flat absolutely loved the way it handled excpet if pushing the sled to the max it would push in the corners....

The c&a on the other hand Ive got 112 miles on them so far and boy do they hook up... not once no matter how hard i pushed it did i feel it get pushy in the corner, railed awesome. BUT the steering effort was quite a bit more than the stock skis (which i expected) and I dont mind that. Im fine with the added steering effort if that means its going to turn.
But what I dont like about them is a feel of uneasy ness when just cruising, i felt like the skis were constantly darting and wandering and hunting for previous sleds ski trails. kind of throwing me all over the place if you will, UNLESS i was riding hard, then it handled great.

What im looking for is other 2016 129 owners who have the c&a razors on there sled and what there impressions are for the skis and if your very happy with them, what is your suspension settings?

I know that I can stiffen up my front skid shock to take a little weight off the front skis and will most likely help with the darting? But my sled corners so flat right now I dont want to go back to having ski lift in the corners.

Appreciate anyones input.... also thought maybe theres a chance my tow is off? whcih im now 100% sure how to check that but im sure I can figure it out.
What are you settimg your toe out at? I go 3/16" per ski on my c&a razors. Solves the twitching, and helps cornering when adjusting preload

1 - 6 of 6 Posts