Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new in snocross and I have a MXZ X 440 2003 with original bombardier skies. Last week-end I participated to my first snocross race but I wasent abel to follow the others in the corners but I had no problem to follow in the jumps so I think that I have to chang my skies. I was the only one who had no C&A skies so I think that I have to buy some to be able to follow the others. So my question is wich pair should I buy ? The OUTLAW skies or the ADX and what is the difference on the track between those two pairs. Thank you guys.

Christian

·
Registered
276 Posts
Chrisgys said:
Hi I am new in snocross and I have a MXZ X 440 2003 with original bombardier skies. Last week-end I participated to my first snocross race but I wasent abel to follow the others in the corners but I had no problem to follow in the jumps so I think that I have to chang my skies. I was the only one who had no C&A skies so I think that I have to buy some to be able to follow the others. So my question is wich pair should I buy ? The OUTLAW skies or the ADX and what is the difference on the track between those two pairs. Thank you guys.

Christian

[snapback]688329[/snapback]​
The outlaws no question

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any snowcross racers here ? I need to know what ski to buy for my 440 X 2003.
ADX, RAZORS, XT, OUTLAWS. What do you guys use for Snowcross. Here in Canada most people use ADX for snowcross racing but I would like to get your opinion and the main differences between them. Thaks ..

·
Registered
870 Posts
Chrisgys said:
Any snowcross racers here ? I need to know what ski to buy for my 440 X 2003.
ADX, RAZORS, XT, OUTLAWS. What do you guys use for Snowcross. Here in Canada most people use ADX for snowcross racing but I would like to get your opinion and the main differences between them. Thaks ..
[snapback]690255[/snapback]​
I have the ADX....they're pretty good but a lot of guys I race with are going to the USI skis. Most people who switched say they're better in turns and they seem to get through the flat turns faster than I do......so I 'm probably going to switch.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I would say to use the Outlaws. The ADX's are good too, but the Outlaws will give you a little extra cornering when the track develops lots of loose, granular snow. Also, the Outlaws are not too difficult to turn.

The USI skis may be better choice as an all around ski. If, for example, you were planning to powder ride, the USI ski works better than the C&A. On the track, the C&A's are hard to beat.

In case you are wondering, I do race snow-x.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys, I also would like to know what lengh of carbides do you use in snowcross ? I heard about Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6" is that ok .

·
Registered
180 Posts
Chrisgys said:
Thank you guys, I also would like to know what lengh of carbides do you use in snowcross ? I heard about Stud Boy Shaper Bars 6" is that ok .
[snapback]690830[/snapback]​
If your track is studded i would go with the 9" shaper bars. That's what I use! But it is quite a bit harder to turn on really hard packed tracks, but bites like a son of a gun!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Use the outlaws , Buy 8 " racing carbides and cut them in half (just use one) Put them in the 2 middel holes and that thing will turn like it is on rails...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Guys, I finally bought The C&A PRO ADX with 6" shaper bars because They need less effort to turn and I want to finish the whole race in shape

1 - 9 of 9 Posts