Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
Wow here is a super gay story. My friends come into my backyard to pick me up. So i start my sled and I follow them down the hill onto my back lake. We drive along the shore because there was fresh drifts and at the end of the lake go into my friend stevens backyard. We get off our machines and are on our way to go inside when I here " Get you helmets off and sit on your machines". So I am legal, I have my safety certificate and my learners,Brandon who was with us is 16. The inly thing is my Renegade broke down the day before so i took my moms 550 mxz. I didnt have the right registration. These guys followed us into stevens backyard, and were on foot. They saw us from parker park and hoofed it across the lake into his yard. There were 3, Contsable Norad, and two ther guys, they were ok, it was norad who was a douche. He claimes a friend of ours, derek was speeding and he notices I dont have the proper registration. sooo, he takes us to his patrol car and writes us tickets! WOw, I mean ost bylaw would have let us go home, this guy was a paper pusher. I got a 25 dollar fine, and a 600 dollar fine. Derek got a 600 dollar fine, a 200 dollar fine. Now, to me, the prices change everday because this guy charges how ever much he wants.. When I get out of his car to leave after he hands my tickets to me, he looks me in the eye and says, " If you get anotehr infraction, I will rip your driver licesne up and tow your machine to an impound so it can be crushed".

I paid my tickets but Im flaming mad that a bylaw, NOT even a real cop, can come into someones yard, hand out $1425 worth of tickets and threatin me. Thanks for letting me vent.

BTW- he had no proof derek was speeding, he admitted he didnt have him clocked but he was going by an estimate. Bullsh&^t.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Long story cut waaaay short here, the municipality on East St Paul in Manitoba had
A " neighborhood municipality cop" , NOT A REAL RCMP officer. (Is this what you are talking about ?, you said he's "not a real cop").
Anyways, the speeding & other HWY traffic act tickets these guy were writing were all thrown out after someone finally challenged them in court and as a rusult of the ruling all the tickets they wrote over a severall year period were thrown out.
You could probably find some info in this somewhere.

Don't pay a dime....fight it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
As long as you have a valid licence plate on the machine the Cops/Bylaw can enter the number into a Palm Pilot that they carry and see if you have current validation and insurance. My son(14 at the time) and I have been stopped in the past and nothing was said just because we didn't have any paperwork on us. This sort of treatment is a basic form of harrassment. IF HOWEVER, they have seen you in the past speeding then this is a way for them to get back at you.

G

·
File a complaint against him that he touched you inappropriately and offered to waive the tickets in exchange for sexual favours. Use your buds as witnesses.

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,212 Posts
rob7374 said:
File a complaint against him that he touched you inappropriately and offered to waive the tickets in exchange for sexual favours. Use your buds as witnesses.
[snapback]687444[/snapback]​

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
They pulled us over in walmart parking lot on saturday, it was quite funny. We were both parked there and they come hauling a$$ and do a big slide and stop infront of my buddys machine, like we were trying to run away or something (which we were not). Then the other goofball keeps yelling at me to shut my machine off, but its already off... Stunned <un+....

Then he gave me crap because i didnt have the proper insurance card with me, just the temp one that they give you when you first insure it.

But at least we didnt get any tickets

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
rob7374 said:
Haha, that's actually believable, I saw the BTK story the other night and he (Dennis Raider) was a power hungry, municipal cop at one point too while being a sadistic serial killer. That's bull, I wouldn't pay a dime until I got my money's worth (had my day in court).

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
rob7374 said:
Thanks! I just blew coffee out my nose and on to my computer screen and keyboard!

·
Just doo it.
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
06MXZXRenegade800, that is firckin hilarious! I can seriously picture them doing that, theyre so dramatic like they are RCMP officers, seriously they don't even carry a weapon. Rob7374, That is one way of doing it! ahah. silly Rent-A-Cops.

·
The 2nd most interesting man in the world
2,936 Posts
Nip it in the bud Snow boy !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
When I first moved here , they pulled me over for speeding in a 30 kph zone,I had a Quebec plate on my truck and they ran the plates,his computer didn't talk to Quebecs so he impounded my vehicle .
I was so "edit for bad language" I went and complained to his boss at city hall.On another note I was driving my machine on that same lake near Peters Park and for some reason I didn't give the throttle a quick blast,just a gentle ride across the lake with my daughter and would't you know it ,2 bylaw guys with radar gun.Pulls me over and say your doing 40 in a 30 kph zone.Keep the speed down,and let me go.Here is to the city of yellowknife by law

·
Registered
338 Posts
ok a few months ago i went out riding. I had insurance but no registration, My sled had plates from 99-00 that the dealership put on it. So i went out for a ride and i see a few buddies. And they tell me bylaw is down the street from where they were. so i turned around and went back to my house. as i said bye to them i got a glimps of a car commin from way down the road so i rode back home. Parked my sled, got in my jeep, drove back to where i came from, and i saw bylaw car pull into my neighbourhood. so i went around the block came back and he was at my house. I got out and im like what do want. He asked me if that was my sled i said "ya did i do something wrong" let me see ur license and registration, and inurance. So i showed him my license and insurance, he asked me where my registration was. i said i dont have it yet. (Note) i've already ridden the sled alot around town latley. So i told him i just got the sled it was my first time riding it and i wanted to see how it ran. SO he gave my stuff back took the plate # down, and he told me that this is a "STERN" warning and told me next time if dont show him everything they'll take my sled away for the rest of the season...... *%@ i hate bylaw..

·
Registered
806 Posts
As much as i hate bylaw with the amount of sleds being stolen in this town everywinter I hope they keep checking to make sure You are the owner of the sled you are riding.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
nwtguy said:
As much as i hate bylaw with the amount of sleds being stolen in this town everywinter I hope they keep checking to make sure You are the owner of the sled you are riding.
[snapback]689245[/snapback]​
I don't hate By-Law at all. They are only doing their jobs.

Follow the rules......play by the law.....obey the speed limits in town....carry proper documentation and you will be just fine.

On our cul-de-sac alone we have had 2 sleds stolen in the last week.....there is only 6 houses in it.....pretty bad!!

CHEERS TO ALL OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT.....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Thank god we don't have any of those gay bylaws around in Colorado. We'd have to lead them into a back bowl and cover them with an avy.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts