Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bye BRP going back to a company that knows a thing or two about fixing a problem and making good on it 06 yammy apex gt here i come anyone lokking for a 05 with rip-saw 144 ss woodys goodwin clutch kit let me know 1250 miles

·
Registered
957 Posts
Gutty said:
Bye BRP going back to a company that knows a thing or two about fixing a problem and making good on it 06 yammy apex gt here i come anyone lokking for a 05 with rip-saw 144 ss woodys goodwin clutch kit let me know 1250 miles
[snapback]309438[/snapback]​
Did your dealer check oil pump adjustment, reset TPS, switch to BR8ECS, decompression plugs instaled?

Many of us have well over 1000 miles with this BRP update done......Zero issues now....

Got to admit it is great owning the "Mach Z" the fastest production sled period!!!

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
What will you be complaining about next year?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zdooman said:
What will you be complaining about next year?
[snapback]309473[/snapback]​
You really don't want to go there and yes i have had all "updates" done. it may be the fastest but somethings it just nice to get on something start it and ride it. So if someone would like to make me an offer on my seld go ahead i'm listen. Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have to agree with you on that one. The season is too short, and life is too busy to be screwing around with a broken sled. When you buy a new sled you want to pull the cord and go. I bought my sled used and it seems like every week I am ordering parts, and every year the darn thing breaks when you have the best snow of the year. I want a brand new sled to avoid all that. I do sympathize, and if the Yamaha is going to be the machine that delivers go for it. I should mention, some of my ATV buddies tell me Yamaha has gone down the tubes in quality over the past few years, just make sure you don't jump from the frying pan to the fire. Give it a month or two and see what BRP has to say about why the '06 is better then the '05. From a business point of view; keep in mind all those warrantee claims come straight off BRP's bottom line. They will not keep producing machines that are warrantee nightmares, it is way too expensive.

·
Got a beer?
2,313 Posts
BlueMax said:
I can understand the frustration many of the Mach Z owners have had this year. I personally think the sled has a great deal of potential and for my style of usage is a fantastic snowmobile. But, I do believe that BRP handled all of the issues very poorly. If the weather continues in the US, the snowmobile season will be over for many of us. That means that if BRP comes up with actual solutions for these problems they won't do us any good until next year. The other problem I have with them is that there is no access to technical information other than through your dealer. There is no information in their shop manual that even explains what goes on inside the ECU. If a person wants to work on his own sled, or try to fix issues such as plug fouling he or she is out of luck. That being the case, BRP can not take months to resolve problems that the owners haven't been given the ability to address. I know corporations are afraid to admit product issues for fear of lawsuit but to put out a modern product that has frequent spark plug fouling and no quick resolution is asking for a lawsuit. Spark plug fouling should never be acceptable.
[snapback]309542[/snapback]​
I agree....My Mach Z ran great for the first 1000 mi., now I'm fouling left and right...My dealer doesn't carry BR8ECS plugs since I'm the only one that got one from him and nobody else uses those plugs in their sleds. I just went through 3 sets of plugs in less than 50 mi. and I'm starting to get "edit for bad language". My dealer hasn't heard of anything other than switching to semi-synthetic and br8ecs. I didn't pay $11,000 to not trust my sled and have to bring a 600 rev just in case. BRP better get their asses in gear or they will have law suits and lost business in the future!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
If BRP comes out with most of our issues fixed on the new 06 models without taking care of us that will be an insult. BRP must stand behind their product and make us whole. We are probably their best and most loyal customers. We took the gamble and bought a first year sled but we should be in this together, BRP and the customer. Not just the customer.

·
Got a beer?
2,313 Posts
MachZ990 said:
If BRP comes out with most of our issues fixed on the new 06 models without taking care of us that will be an insult. BRP must stand behind their product and make us whole. We are probably their best and most loyal customers. We took the gamble and bought a first year sled but we should be in this together, BRP and the customer. Not just the customer.
[snapback]309568[/snapback]​
I debated on a F7 Sno Pro until Doo came out with the Mach Z and now I'm almost wishing that I got the F7! I understand that when something, completely new, comes out there will be issues.....But plug fouling??? That should be the last thing. I spent like $45 yesterday on 6 plugs and i now have 2 plugs left.....Extremely "edit for bad language" about that!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
It is rather depressing,big investment for the problems,Summit model gets a 2cnd year warrenty and we don't.My dealer says not to worry they will come out with something for you guys,don't hold your breath

·
Registered
803 Posts
Bill if u cant get 8ecs, ive been running 8es and have not fouled 1 plug. The ES can cause detanation (SP) and it gets detected by the knock sensor, then changes the fuel curve and timming. Then in turn you lose HP.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If I had bought a 05 MAch Z this year as I very nearly did, I would have had to go shot someone at BRP!!!!!!!
There is NO EXCUSE for Any issues like the Mach had Not for a $15000 dollar sled
It's like 1993 all over again but back them at least the stood behind there product.

·
Registered
824 Posts
It's obvious BRP don't give a "edit for bad language", they have our money and that's what count's. I don't believe for a second that they don't hear or read our troubles. They have the power of the net and this site to come on here and reassure us, the customer, that they hear us and is working on a solution, and it won't even cost them a stamp to do it. But instead we're left hoping for something to happen, but just like the dreaded ring issue......i rest my case.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Machster670 said:
If I had bought a 05 MAch Z this year as I very nearly did, I would have had to go shot someone at BRP!!!!!!!
There is NO EXCUSE for Any issues like the Mach had Not for a $15000 dollar sled
It's like 1993 all over again but back them at least the stood behind there product.
[snapback]309869[/snapback]​
Mine fouled a few plugs when it was cold out-none for a few weeks now. And I am still having trouble with running out of gas at 1/4 tank. There is no excuse for what BRP did this year-I finally got thru to someone in the customer service department that could actually answer questions this last week-he said he was pretty sure 2nd year engine warranty was coming for us along with updates for the fuel pump issue. I have been telling my dealer about fouled plugs, poor performance, etc. and BRP had not heard a word from my dealer. I think that is what most of the problems are-the dealer hopes BRP will solve it because some other dealer must have complained about it-and if few dealers complain nothing gets done. BRP could make amends a little by coming on the "Ask BRP" forum and actually answering a couple of questions a week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If brp comes out with a 2nd year warrantee for the engine , what will happen to the people who paid for the extended warrantee?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I guess I don't understand why people buy a first year sled and expect beautiful results. I would have loved to get a Mach Z this year but no way. I don't even buy trucks when they are a "first year" truck. Like a duramax (tranny or rear end), or the new 6.0 ford diesel (engine).
Look at the firechicken when it came out. the confusion too. I am pretty sure they had probs too.

I don't know, I guess I would be mad myself but I don't expect anything "if" I get a first year anything...............MO

Good luck selling, I would do it quick since the "X" and Renegade 1000 will be out for '06 to spring order.

Think snow so we can test more!!!!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
johnniev57 said:
I guess I don't understand why people buy a first year sled and expect beautiful results. I would have loved to get a Mach Z this year but no way. I don't even buy trucks when they are a "first year" truck. Like a duramax (tranny or rear end), or the new 6.0 ford diesel (engine).
Look at the firechicken when it came out. the confusion too. I am pretty sure they had probs too.

I don't know, I guess I would be mad myself but I don't expect anything "if" I get a first year anything...............MO

Good luck selling, I would do it quick since the "X" and Renegade 1000 will be out for '06 to spring order.

Think snow so we can test more!!!!
[snapback]309947[/snapback]​
I expected some problems with the sled-BUT I also expected some answers and response out of BRP. Call their customer service line sometime-you get "Talk to your dealer-they have been specially trained to service your sled" or "We have not heard of that before" the dealer does not know what is up with the Mach Z's as he has been to an 8 hour propaganda course in how good these sleds are. Problems are to be expected with new models for sure-it is how the company reacts that tells the story-and BRP has not been reacting very well.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
With the updates people are talking about, sounds like they are trying something. I know what you mean though.

My 800 powertek still backfires when I shut it off. It happened on my '02 and it's happening now. Don't get it. Runn it!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts