Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new BV2S. So far works very well. My Dealer ordered it from BRP two weeks ago, so it should be the latest version. It came with a package
PN# P4456980000 CA ( update kit? ). Also included two packages of different types of filters. My dealer hasn't been able to answer this question. I assume that the helmet is not updated as delivered, and the kit needs to be installed. If this is true why doesn't BRP just send out the new helmets updated and save their customers the hassle of trying to gather this type of info?. Can someone clarify that I do indeed need to install this kit, also which filters are the latest and greatest? Pictures attached to this posting. Also now that I have opened the package I assume that the updated mouthpeice is the one without the three spurs on the valves, hoping someone can clarify me on that as well. Thanks

·
Ski-Doo Rider from Northern Vermont
1,167 Posts
hey , good choice for a helmet, if you got the helmet, recently, in 05, then it does not need to be updated, the filters on the LEFT, work better, and absorb alot more...

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You have a cold weather and a mild weather kit. Use the new style filters that are closed at the top they work alot better and are easy to install.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bodacious said:
ttt
[snapback]284488[/snapback]​
What exactly is included in the update kit? Because I just got my helmet and it came with 5 of the filters on the left. Also I haven't been a DOOTalk member for very long.And I'm trying to learn as I go. But for the life of me I can't figure out what "ttt" means
. Please be patient with me as I don't have alot of time to work on the 'puter LOL. Thnx.

·
Registered
776 Posts
05-Z said:
Bodacious said:
ttt
[snapback]284488[/snapback]​
What exactly is included in the update kit? Because I just got my helmet and it came with 5 of the filters on the left. Also I haven't been a DOOTalk member for very long.And I'm trying to learn as I go. But for the life of me I can't figure out what "ttt" means
. Please be patient with me as I don't have alot of time to work on the 'puter LOL. Thnx.

[snapback]296588[/snapback]​
To The Top

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The update kit has a new breath mask, the new absorbant masks (on the left) 2 different valve inserts, and a new exhaust cap for the front. It also has an instructional dvd, and some instructions. The helmets should be sold with the kit included I agree.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The old style mask has a clear triangle like peice of plastic holding the intake valves in place, the newer style has a dark colored, round plastic retainer.
I left the old style on for the first couple of rides, the lens had fogged/Iced up in a couple of different spots each ride.
I changed to the newer mask, did the same thing.
It starts off fine, then you stop, zip back up and off you go and then it begins to fog & then ice up.
Its a very fussy helmet, you can not have any air leaks or it will fog.
The best cure for this setup will be the heated visor, a lot of (MORE) money but you will not have all the hassles of setting it up just right every time you stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts