Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted some input on the bV2S helmets do they really solve most helmet issues? do you need to have the heated shield? they are a lot of $$ but it seems like it may be worth it if all is true..............

·
Registered
128 Posts
Two seasons and about a thousand miles in cold and colder weather and no probs for me. I like it. Don't do what I did last week and try and carry it with your hands full of stuff and drop it
on the carpet..............................cracked the clear face shield. I didn't have anything else to do with that $100.00

·
I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.
36,411 Posts
-4° to 34° and it performed flawlessly.No heated shield needed for me...Well worth the money...

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
I wouldnt wear anything else. In fact 2 weeks ago some "edit for bad language" stole mine from my truck and I had to fork out the cash for a new one. 15 seconds with the old HJC on my head and I was grabbing for my wallet and keys to run to the doo dealer. They have the best visibility, best sealing and are virtually fog free.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
I have been using one this season. ( rode only 450 mi so far) anyways I have mix feelings on mine. Tuesda at Tug Hill in the snow storm I cussed the thing out badly. It iced up around the edges where it snaps an became a PIA and once it gets slopped and fogged it is done until you can dry it off .
Brought it in and cleaned it etc then next day perfect. In really cold weather it does fog unless you use it just right. I concluded that it is a helmet for people that don't mind extra screwing around to get it to operate right. There are alot of parts to mess with and break.I will probably keep mine the vision is awsome and the yellow visor is great warm and fun to play with if you have the patience. Always keep a 25 cent piece with you and a dry towl if it goes it goes take the shield off dry and clean it and off you go after 10 minutes or so of screwing with it. Bottom line a cool looking toy great vision warmthbt not fog free probably unless you spend the next 125.00 to get the heated shield.

·
Ready for flight
2,505 Posts
I love mine except for the chin strap is alittle close to the one side so it is hard to get my fingers in there to undo it.

·
I'm disinclined to acquiesce your request.
36,411 Posts
Rockitman said:
I love mine except for the chin strap is alittle close to the one side so it is hard to get my fingers in there to undo it.
[snapback]730794[/snapback]​
Right,forgot about that...I got stubby fingers and buckling the thing can be a hassle..

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Worn mine for over 3 yrs now. Works great! Just had to mess with it like mentioned before you get it to work just right. Make sure you get the face mask as tight as you can when you put it on, otherwise that makes it fog over as well. When the snow is light and fluffy and you can barely see the lights in front of you, I always stand up and ride more cause of the little red light on the back of the helmet. Everyone that rides behind me loves that!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have one as well, and for what its worth.. I used to ride with the head sock over my mouth between me and the mask. Well When I did this my helmet would fog bad...

As soon as I ran with it below my mouth, it seemed a lot better. i dont think its a CURE ALL for the fog, but I will say that I was out there this weekend in - temps where others were frozen, i was perfect clear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.