Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in someone's topic in a different forum, but figured I'd get a quicker response here.

Ecklund is selling the black 2016 version for just under $300. I'm thinking about ordering one, but I'm a little concerned about size. Currently I'm using a Modular II in a 2XL. Could anyone verify that the sizes between the two helmets run the same?

I'm sick of the modular II with replacing parts on it constantly and it leaks like a sieve. A POS in my opinion. Last week I got frost bite in single degree temps while wearing the mask and a balaclava.

Does anyone have any gripes about their BV2S?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I have no complaints on the BV2S. The only thing I would bring up is that I needed a larger size than my Polaris modular helmet so they run small or my head runs big. lol It is a heavy helmet, would love to see a lighter version! Been in -15F and never had a problem with being cold.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The BVS2 is a fantastic helmet and you won't be disappointed. Before buying online make sure to try a few sizes on a a dealer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I personally become to hate my bvs. I was talked into buying the bvs by many of my riding partners. I find it heavy, noisy, and it leaks air. I can feel a breeze on my left cheek (face cheek...lol) and when following someone, fine snow will enter into the helmet. also on my last ride the locking mechanism was giving issues latching. I think the helmet fits some heads better than others because of the design.

Do a quick search on the problems with the helmet during night driving. The visor has some weird thing going on right in your line of sight.

My next ride I plan on taking my old helmet and give it a try again.

With all the great engineering and advancements in snowmobiles, i am surprised with the lack of advancements in helmet design.

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,445 Posts
I had an original Modular and a Bv2s and they run the same for size.
I'd guess the Mod 2 is similar.

·
Registered
357 Posts
BVS2 helmets are sized odd. That is they are a real bear to get on however once you actually slip it on they are average in sizing.

I'll try to explain that again, I have a slightly larger than normal head. I could hardly squeeze in a a 2x BVS. I can slip on a 3x and once it is on it is a little loose.

I would not suggest buying one w/o trying on.

·
Registered
875 Posts
BV2s helmet is awesome.

My old lady just went from a Mod to BV2s this year and loves it also.

·
True happiness is never trying a sled better than
14,562 Posts
BVS2 helmets are sized odd. That is they are a real bear to get on however once you actually slip it on they are average in sizing.

I'll try to explain that again, I have a slightly larger than normal head. I could hardly squeeze in a a 2x BVS. I can slip on a 3x and once it is on it is a little loose.

I would not suggest buying one w/o trying on.
Definitely not easy to get on,especially coming from a modular. Either try it on first or get the 3xl. Mine is a 2xl and wish it was bigger.Once it's on it's good.It's also pretty heavy as said. Perfect helmet to make out of CF the lighten it up.Mine seals well.No snow dust or air get in.Prepare for a frozen drool trail down your coat from the exhaust.

·
RPG
2022 Renegade X 900r Turbo
1,216 Posts
I have a mod 1 mod 2 and bv2s, all in 2xl and all fit the same for me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Little secret for BV2S helmets. You need some kind of balaclava to hold your ears in and pull it straight on and push it straight off your head.

Once you get the little things worked out it's one of the best helmets I've owned.

Reactions: SeriousBlack

·
Registered
299 Posts
Love my BV.... I use mine without the diafram

·
Registered
13 Posts
I personally become to hate my bvs. I was talked into buying the bvs by many of my riding partners. I find it heavy, noisy, and it leaks air. I can feel a breeze on my left cheek (face cheek...lol) and when following someone, fine snow will enter into the helmet. also on my last ride the locking mechanism was giving issues latching. I think the helmet fits some heads better than others because of the design.

Do a quick search on the problems with the helmet during night driving. The visor has some weird thing going on right in your line of sight.

My next ride I plan on taking my old helmet and give it a try again.

With all the great engineering and advancements in snowmobiles, i am surprised with the lack of advancements in helmet design.
Have you tightened the screws on the side? The dealer told me to check mine BV2s and wife's Modular 3 regularly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts