Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Last years helmet has a silicone bead around the outside of the visor. The new visor has foam around it. It also comes with a second breath box. I hope that helps you out.

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,574 Posts
If you take your old style mask (3 ribs supporting baffle valves) to a ski doo dealer. They will give you a new style mask and return yours to ski doo under warranty!
The new mask has like 5 support ribs for the baffle valves.
Hard to believe ski doo would return a $55 mask under warranty when you buy a $450 helmet, but then again, why wouldn't they.
It is the best helmet out there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
chiefogemaw said:
If you take your old style mask (3 ribs supporting baffle valves) to a ski doo dealer. They will give you a new style mask and return yours to ski doo under warranty!
The new mask has like 5 support ribs for the baffle valves.
Hard to believe ski doo would return a $55 mask under warranty when you buy a $450 helmet, but then again, why wouldn't they.
It is the best helmet out there!
[snapback]347252[/snapback]​
I was in JACKMAN ME last week and the DOO dealer laughed at me when I asked if the new mask and shields were under warrenty - The new design requires the replacement of both parts ( the rubber mask and the plastic piece the mask screws into )
250.00 later and the mask still fogs-
So I buy the electric shield- Now I blow the fuses -
lots of fun-
Save your money- until Ski Doo figures out the problem

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer only took the mask under warranty. NOT the shield!

The new mask has like 5 support ribs supporting the valves instead of only 3.

Mine doesn't fog up, but my glasses do a little if my beleclava gets between my skin and mask. So I always pull my Belecleava out from under my mask and tighten it up, then my glasses don't usually fog. If they do then I have to leave it open just a crack for fresh air.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just piked up a BV2S, with no owners manual.
Do the absorbent pads just seat in the "mask" or do I need to take apart the "mask" to install the pad? I called Ski Doo but they couldn't give me any guidance nor would they provide an owners manual even with proof of purchase. They told me I have to go to the dealer who sold me the helmet and have them order the missing paperwork.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts