Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new BV2S helmet this year as I find my modular leaks and lets in to much wind. My problem with the BV2S is I can't keep it from fogging
up I tried no fog but it still fogs. Anyone else have an issue with them??

·
Registered
652 Posts
It could be that your visor is not sealing properly on the breath box. You could actually see a gap in my buddy's helmet. The dealership fixed it for him (either new shield or new helmet can't remember which).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure if yours is electric or not? But I've got the non electric visor
On mine, I'm in central Ontario and today it -38 with out the windchill
Not sure what the temp is there bit in super cold weather like this it's hard to find a helmet
With out an electric visor that's not going to fog

·
Registered
358 Posts
Remove the valve or the little circle thing in the center. Best helmet I have ever owned. By removing that you can exhale air better.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I bought a new BV2S helmet this year as I find my modular leaks and lets in to much wind. My problem with the BV2S is I can't keep it from fogging
up I tried no fog but it still fogs. Anyone else have an issue with them??
there is an art to using the bv2s u will figure it out... basically, if u keep the visor shut while stopped or while going very very slow, it will start to generate excess heat and moisture in the helmet and then it eventually will fog.... keep the mask cracked just a tad till u start moving again and then shut it and you will be fine

also make sure u have a good seal around your mouth with breath box, i can feel on my face when the hot air is not evacuating out of the helmet and instead moves up past the mask

one final thing, if u r wearing too many upper body clothes u will also generate a lot of extra heat that will eventually make its way to the mask

u will get it figured out

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Doesn't that let a lot of cold air in
that cold air is dry, the air leaving the mask is warm and filled with moisture

play with the diaphragms and u will find what works but i like to run the mask without it just be careful cause without it in u can bring a lot of snow dust into the breath box which will eventually fog u up... try using some diaper or other absorbent material in the bb to absorb the moisture

·
Registered
97 Posts
-36 in matagami on Saturday ,4 of us with bvs2helmets,2 with electric shields 2 without, I had a little fogging so I pluged it in problem fixed,other guy with electric shield pluged his in as a precaution.1 guy with no elec shield was completely frozen up couldn't see anything,the other non electric was fine ? Stopped at a warm up shack started fire and thawed out frosted helmet then continued,he was fine after that ?
Not sure what the problem was but sure glad we had a place to warm up.Im sure glad I bought one with electric shield for back up.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ended up removing the disc too last year. A little air comes in, but not too much. Definitely allows you to breath better and less fogging.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Don't give up on it. You'll find the right combination and be fine. A nice light seal to start with. I love mine.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Some people breathe more volume than others. There is no way on earth I could ever use a helmet without a heated shield. I weigh 270lbs and breathe like a bellows. It's hard for me to be in a CAR without fogging it up. So don't think that just because you have a BRP helmet you won't need a heated shield.

·
President and Founder of Team Grampa
1,620 Posts
there is an art to using the bv2s u will figure it out... basically, if u keep the visor shut while stopped or while going very very slow, it will start to generate excess heat and moisture in the helmet and then it eventually will fog.... keep the mask cracked just a tad till u start moving again and then shut it and you will be fine

also make sure u have a good seal around your mouth with breath box, i can feel on my face when the hot air is not evacuating out of the helmet and instead moves up past the mask

one final thing, if u r wearing too many upper body clothes u will also generate a lot of extra heat that will eventually make its way to the mask

u will get it figured out
x2 on all of this. Also....make sure you're not tightening the mask too much against your face. I did this for a long time until I figured out that it was distorting the valves on the mask and letting breath escape through them. A nice light but firm fit is all you need.

Reactions: miker2008

·
Registered
49 Posts
Definitely requires a learning curve, read all the suggestions on DooTalk. Agree with the advice so far, I will add that you have to make sure the chin curtain is down and untangle all the way back to under your ear. Keeps a lot of cold air out.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Mine was perfect even -40 then I don't know why started to need the shield open a crack I messed around and put the valve in with 3 holes up in front and perfect.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts