Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know if it's a safe route to buy parts and accessories online or from the local dealer. I havent had a great experience with the dealer and the next one is hours away. So I wanted to find out if I can order and not have to deal with them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts
I don't really have a local dealer. I buy everything online. Yes it's important to support the local guys, but sometimes you can't justify the hike up in price!

·
Registered
33 Posts
In my opinion, yes the prices are higher at the local dealer but then I usually get a pretty good "thanks for your loyalty" discount on some products (not Doo products though)
It´s always so hard to resist when I can buy anything at 60% off the price on ebay :wink_old:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer gives me a loyalty discount off of MSRP. So I buy from him for at least 80% of what I need. Helps keep his doors open and if I ever need a favor, he usually reciprocates.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I live 2 hours from the dealer and order a lot of my parts online ... I do call the dealer first and if they have it in stock they will throw it in the mail for me for less than I can drive down there. I do buy my Doo oil from them since there bulk price beats almost all other brands pricing.

Online I order from http://www.dirtcheapsnow.com there prices are good and the shipping is fast ( once they get it ) I have had a few OEM parts that took a while but that is BRP being slow not the retailer.

·
Slednuck
1,982 Posts
I buy OEM parts from the dealer, aftermarket I buy anywhere such as online, other dealers etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Got my answer, just don't like that they are nice to me when buying the sled but as soon as I have an issue they make it harder than it should of been to sort it out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
I usually always buy whatever I can from the local dealer, I've dealt with them for years and they have great service and are really fast getting parts usually only 2-3 days I've even gotten stuff the next day if it was ordered early and I'm practically in the middle of nowhere. For aftermarket and parts for my vintage sleds I use Royal Distributing, always found them good to deal with.

Reactions: Preemo01

·
Registered
128 Posts
If they are a pain in the a** to deal with I would be buying online. I'm so sick of these local little dealers thinking there is no where else to buy parts, and like you say there only "nice" when your buying a big ticket item. There are def some dealers that need to work on customer service, and realize that is what keeps people coming back.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I get a lot of stuff oem parts off the doo web site an buy a lot of after market online. Dealer just to far away. But if I need it the next day on oem stuff I get it at the dealer.

·
Sponsors
3,964 Posts
I Doo both, local dealer treats me pretty good because they know I price shop before I buy.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I use both. It mainly depends on the time frame when needed. I buy online from Toledo East. If I can wait I'll order from them. Free shipping over $100 and the prices can't be beat. Other wise I go to a dealer. My closest to home is 45 miles. Up North at our place the dealer is 18 miles away.

·
Summer Sucks!!!!!
8,989 Posts
I'm spoiled, I get a 15% discount on all BRP parts from my dealer, they treat me very well. They are awesome! Have never paid for BUDDS time either. After market, I get online.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I use both as well. Oil, maintenance stuff, etc. local. Clothing, accessories online when on sale. I just bought a pair of highmark gloves through an online dealer and they didn't fit as good as other Skidoo gloves I have. I asked to exchange them for a smaller size and they shipped me the smaller size and told me to return the ones I don't want once I try them both on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts