Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying my first REV with some of the deals that are coming out. There are still some new 2005s around and I was wondering if the updates made for 2006 are worth paying an extra $800-$1K or so for over a 2005 model. I can get an '05 800HO Adr for about the same as an '06 600HO (carb) Adr. Also, is there a noticeable power difference in the 800HO PT in the 2006s. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My wife just bought an 06 500 SS. I have the 03 Rev 600HO. There is a night and day difference between them. Steering is better, and rear suspension seems to be better. The 500 SS just handles better all around. If its worth $1000 is in the eye of the buyer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just remember that if you buy an '05...it's basically going to be 2 years old once you take it home even without putting any miles on it.

·
Professional Spark Plug Gapper
15,501 Posts
i recently made a post on the difference between the 05 and the 06 because i was getting ready to make my decision on the 05 or 06. i was pretty convinced to get the 06 after that.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=89795

from the differences i collected its the skis - pilots vs. precision, suspension - sc3 vs. sc4, and the fixed windshield vs. moving.

skis are "night and day"
suspension is awesome
and windshield is much better

picking up my 06 renegade 600sdi tomorrow

hopefully ill find out for myself

also if you want an 800, the 06 reportedly gets better mileage vs. the 05... don't know for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
03adrenalineHO said:
i recently made a post on the difference between the 05 and the 06 because i was getting ready to make my decision on the 05 or 06. i was pretty convinced to get the 06 after that.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=89795

from the differences i collected its the skis - pilots vs. precision, suspension - sc3 vs. sc4, and the fixed windshield vs. moving.

skis are "night and day"
suspension is awesome
and windshield is much better

picking up my 06 renegade 600sdi tomorrow

hopefully ill find out for myself

also if you want an 800, the 06 reportedly gets better mileage vs. the 05... don't know for sure.
[snapback]737994[/snapback]​
Went with my brother to the dealer last night and bought an '06 600HO and he bought a new 800PT. Can't wait to pick them up and put on some miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.