Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen some really good prices on new 2016 summits in Canada. Does anyone know the inside and outs of purchasing a sled in Canada when u live in the states. I've heard of warranty issues and things.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
I talked to a dealer in Canada and he said the same thing. Their agreement with BRP says they can not sell a NEW sled to anybody in the states. Said you have to have a Canadian residence.

·
Registered
554 Posts
so much for free trade :ninja:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I am here because I moved from Arctic Cat to Ski Doo, and bought a used Renegade 800 from a Ski Doo dealer in Canada and had it imported. I am sure the process is a lot different for a new vehicle, but for used it was easy. The deal was too good to pass up. '13 Renegade 800 E-tec with 4000 miles for $6k. Mint condition. I paid another $400 to have it crated and shipped from the dealer which is about 75 miles north of Montreal to just over the border in NY. The only tricky part is the paperwork which has to be right for both Canada and US (export papers and import papers and fees). I don't have any warranty so that is not an issue. The shipping process took a week, it sits in customs for 3-4 days. Then I picked it up at the shipper and assembled it. Very easy process.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
If you are close to Manitoba I can get you a summit and rise it for a weekend and sell it to you "used". We bought sleds out of the states when the dollar was good. Us dealer had a contact that would purchase and sell as used...

·
Sponsors
3,964 Posts
Here in Idaho there are great deals on T3s a guy I know got a 2016 for $9600 loved it so much the next weekend his girl friend got one as well, they absolutely love them. They were riding ACs before, now there sold on Doos Ive been telling them for years. now they agree :)

or is price of these sleds in the US because of the current exchange rate ?

Reactions: timmytorco

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
If you are close to Manitoba I can get you a summit and rise it for a weekend and sell it to you "used". We bought sleds out of the states when the dollar was good. Us dealer had a contact that would purchase and sell as used...
I like the way you think! I was gonna say take a bottle of good whiskey in with ya to give to the guy you are working with, ride the sled around the lot for a minute, then he can sell it to you as a "used demo" sled. But you got me beat.. hahaha

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wouldn't doubt its illegal..too good to be true so somehow they gotta stop u..that being said..sounds like a heck of a deaal even after a joy ride lol ;) have fun everyone!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Idahodoo where those deals at...I'm looking for a 16 163 t3 x model summit....thanks for the help guys but maybe I'll just stick to the states for a purchase

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Sponsors
3,964 Posts
Idahodoo where those deals at...I'm looking for a 16 163 t3 x model summit....thanks for the help guys but maybe I'll just stick to the states for a purchase
Gotta call them, It was in burly Idaho. http://www.letsride-idaho.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=459067&pov=4348474

http://www.actioncyclesnsleds.com/inventory/v1/Current/Ski-Doo/Summit/2016-Summit-X-with-T3-Package/Rotax-800R-E-TEC-154-Black--Twin-Falls-Idaho---2698131

http://www.rexburgmotorsports.com/New-Inventory-2016-Ski-Doo-Mountain-Summit-SP-with-T3-Package-ROTAX-800R-E-TEC-163-Rexburg-Idaho-1644245

The $9600 was for a black 154 T3 SP + tax & title & (set up fee if any). not out the door price, (Witch I always ask the dealer for) he added 2 year warranty, (5 year Total) 60 month no interest. said his payments were about $170 have to ask him the total OTD Monday.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I bet theres something that would stop a dealer from selling it. I remember in 09 when I was buying mine it was almost 3500 cheaper to buy one from the states but Doo wouldn't let it happen. Now with the dollar the way it is I bet they are doing the same thing again just the other way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts