Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had polaris scince day one, but the stories I here about their new stuff makes me want to puke. I've narrowed down to MachZ 1000 renegade and apex attak. I expect a biased opinion here, but I want to know what to expect out of it. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I HAVE A MACH Z (05) AND IT ROCKS. HANDLES AWESOME AND FEELS LIKE IT WILL PULL YOUR ARMS FROM THE SOCKETS. I BEAT AN APEX IN ABOUT 1500-2000FT BY ABOUT 4-5 LENGTHS ( BOTH STOCK MACHINES). I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE 4 STROKE HAS THE RELIABILITY AND THE MACH HAS THE POWER. DEPENDS WHAT YOU WANT IT FOR. APEX IS A VERY NICE SLED AND THEY WORK VERY WELL. I WOULD TALK TO LOCAL DEALERS AND SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM AND SEE WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THEM. GOOD LUCK. - JUST MY 2 CENTS.
S%$t, SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Be careful of firt year sleds. The Apex is not with out its problems,hand warmers, darting accessibely, idler wheels blowing, rear shocks blowing, then tunnels bending, heat light coming on, eng running hot, spindles twisting, A arm welds braking, suspention bushings wearing out early. I read totallyamaha faithfully because i road and was a Yami tech. for 21 years.
The Mach Z is not with out its problems either, just be careful on first year sleds, good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There's more than enough Mach/Apex threads on this site to keep you busy for a while. I have an 05 Mach Z and I love it. It's been very unreliable but its by far the most fun sled to ride. Once you try one nothing else will compare. I was planning on buying an 06 X but BRP customer service made me look elsewhere. I bought an Apex GT. I kept the Mach because I wasn't willing to lose 7K on a 3 month old sled. The Apex is a great sled. I have 1500 miles and no issues. Just cold hands because of lousy hand warmers. Its always a toss up as to which sled I take out but I will not take my Mach too far without a backup sled. Personally I will never buy another 2 stroke unless it comes with a 3 year + warranty. My advice to you is take them both for a ride and if that doesn't solve it go with the closest dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pgw said:
There's more than enough Mach/Apex threads on this site to keep you busy for a while. I have an 05 Mach Z and I love it. It's been very unreliable but its by far the most fun sled to ride. Once you try one nothing else will compare. I was planning on buying an 06 X but BRP customer service made me look elsewhere. I bought an Apex GT. I kept the Mach because I wasn't willing to lose 7K on a 3 month old sled. The Apex is a great sled. I have 1500 miles and no issues. Just cold hands because of lousy hand warmers. Its always a toss up as to which sled I take out but I will not take my Mach too far without a backup sled. Personally I will never buy another 2 stroke unless it comes with a 3 year + warranty. My advice to you is take them both for a ride and if that doesn't solve it go with the closest dealer. Good luck.
[snapback]711411[/snapback]​
What kind of problems have you had? Is an'06 better than '05?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pgw said:
[snapback]711411[/snapback]​
Scince you have both, which one rides nicer. I have heard that you sit on an apex more like a rev than you do on a R/T chassis, I know they weigh about the same, but is the apex nose heavy?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mybuddy and i switched sleds yesterday for awhile. His Apex is not the rider forward sled that my mach is. He has long legs and cant get used to a Rev. He liked the mach better. His feels much lighter when going through the twisties, i think mine sticks better. No ski lift with the mach. I was colder on his than mine, both stock windshields. I thought his had more low end, mine had it in midrange and the topend was about the same depending on who got a better bite was the winner. I wish i paid for mine what he paid for his.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the rider position of both sleds. The seat on the Mach is more comfortable. The Apex feels much lighter than the Mach but there is much more inside ski lift. I had bad luck with my Mach from the start but I still love it. I hit a small rock and punctured the front heat exchanger. Had it welded and it ran great for a few hundred miles. On my next trip the impeller in the water pump broke. On another trip both my belts blew up at night and had to get towed. Three weeks ago a ring broke and luckily BRP covered the new cylinders, pistons and rings even though the warranty was done. My biggest frustration was the plug fouling. You start your sled and foul a plug. All your buddies have to sit around and wait while you change plugs. Doesn't sound like a big deal but when its -30 let me tell you its total bullsh&%. That problem has been solved. I think you should definitely try these sleds out before you make your choice. You would think 07 will be a good year for both sleds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts