Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some brand jumping for the first time Looking at a 05 500 mxz ss any input on potential problems with this model. I have been AC for ever and will put my kid on this sled.

·
Registered
639 Posts
welcome to the site! The ss is a sweet sled. Just need to doo some little mods here and there on it. Doo a search on the airbox mods, y-pipe bolts, and clutch cooling. Just little stuff that needs to be known and can all be done w/o spending any money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Wrecker I would think I can run some kind of search on this web site for the items you mentioned? Found a 05 735 miles for 4500 seems like a pretty good deal

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Great choice. You are buying Doo's most tried and true 600 to date. I had one and had 0 probs in 1400 miles. Upgrades and mods are small on this sled. Best clutched out of the box in Doo's linup and a snorty little bugger to boot. Your pals won't run you off the line. I upgraded to the x for the better suspension (and the deal was too good to pass up). Other than that, would still have it. Enjoy and welcome.
Nut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts