Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you bought a rt 1000 spend another $100.00 or so on a bungee cord and shovel, your going to need them, not for the rt but for the people who try to follow you. ive had bungees for 2 years now, what a back saver!. this year im glad i paid every over priced penny for a good shovel. in your seat compartment youll find a hole, this is where the main part of the shovel fits.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Can you include a picture of the shovel handle hole? I'll check my unit tonight.

I asked the dealer about a shovel kit for the RT and they checked with the factory - "No way" I was told. If you know that at least the handle fits under the seat, I can jury-rig the rest.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi there
ill try to get a picture tomorrow. ill describe now. if you have an x modle the rear of the seat has a larger opening than the sandwhich holder on my 2004 renegade. at the bottom forward youll see a hole, the shovel base goes in there. the shovel i bought came from the dealer. it is three peice, the handle with saw, extension, and shovel. the dealer showed it to me, he also said the cans are on the way for $239.00. the dealer also did my ten hour check, today, he said there is a fix on the way for the fuel pumps, and shouldnt take long for brp to deliver. i havent fouled a plug or had any cut outs or any of the other stuff ive been reading about. if you can, go in when they do your ten hour. the computor thing is pretty cool. im also lucky that the dealer is rideing the same sled, so i can get mod tips. my rideing area starts at about 7000 feet and goes to about 9800 ft. now its just wait till friday to go again !!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey guys, shovels need to go in your pack, not in or on your sled! Sledders have died because guys haven't had their shovels on their backs. You have a very limited time for the buried person to even have a chance. If your sled is buried, or you have to run back to your sled to get your shovel you have decreased his chances to almost 0 percent. I challenge you to ask any avalanche instructor where you should store your shovel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.