Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you have a 2016 sled with a 900 ace motor ,call your dealer and have the vin ran .some will need a new valve cover and gasket bulletin 2016-2 :wink_old:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
if you have a 2016 sled with a 900 ace motor ,call your dealer and have the vin ran .some will need a new valve cover and gasket bulletin 2016-2 :wink_old:
thanks for the update Krm. I have a new 900 on order...

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
I also heard the Enduro 900 has a Chain Case Recall....

Ugh.... Still waiting for my Enduro 900. Hope they fix it before it leaves the factory.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Picked up my 2016 Renegade Adrenaline 900 Ace a couple weeks ago and already hauled it up north. Will call my dealer and get the scoop on mine. Hopefully it's not impacted.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bulletin only pays dealer 1.1hrs .therefor if your part of the bulletin maybe you can wait while the work is done ? :wink_old:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Checked with my dealer today and my Renegade Adrenaline 900 Ace is subject to the bulletin. Since I already towed mine up north, I asked the service mgr if I could ride it through the break in period (300 miles or 10 hours) and then tow it back down for the bulletin fix and first inspection. He said "yes"...it will not cause a problem.

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
What about the 900's being built now? I'd think they would get the updates before leaving the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
What about the 900's being built now? I'd think they would get the updates before leaving the factory.

We hope so...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just picked up my 900 ACE and yes the valve cover was recalled. My dealer got the part and switched them out at the shop before I picked it up. They replaced it without an issue. supposedly the coating on the interior of the cover was failing.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I wonder if this is for all years of the 900 ace? You would think they would be using the same valve cover as previous years, no??

·
Registered
232 Posts

Was told only the one's built before September, after should be ok.

Not sure how far back this bad batch of covers goes!

·
Super Moderator
6,395 Posts
Stopped by my dealer tonight to check on the ship date of my Enduro 900. He told me that it is in the inner valve cover and not the outer valve cover. He said it is a pretty major job once the sled is built. He said you have take most of the front of the sled apart to be able disassemble the engine enough to get to the inner valve cover.

I'm glad it is shipping this week and should already have the valve cover update. I'd hate to have a new sled torn apart like that....... :(

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Stopped by my dealer tonight to check on the ship date of my Enduro 900. He told me that it is in the inner valve cover and not the outer valve cover. He said it is a pretty major job once the sled is built. He said you have take most of the front of the sled apart to be able disassemble the engine enough to get to the inner valve cover.

I'm glad it is shipping this week and should already have the valve cover update. I'd hate to have a new sled torn apart like that....... :(
Inner ?? outer??? i looked a the part list it only shows a (1) valve cover??? no big deal, pull the cowling, engine is there. brp alots 1.1 hrs for the job?? no biggie I HOPE??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts