Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello all, didnt know where to post this but, I own a REV so I am putting it here.

Was looking for a sled lift (the one where you can hand wind the entire sled up) and the price would cut into my mod budget! Have any of you built your own lifts instead of purchasing a manufactured lift? If you have, what did it take and maybe some pics with how to`s??

Thanks in advance and happy riding!

Ryan

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was able to build three with the amount of material I got out of buying a standard 40' piece of 1" x 1-1/2" tubing and 1" x 2" tubing. It cost me $90 in materials and I sold the other two for $200 each. I made $310 profit and ended up with one fine lift for myself.

Here's a link to plans to build your own. And a pic of the finished product.
Sled Lift Plans

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
I built mine from the same plans as irondog except that I used 1 1/2" x .125" wall square tubing for the whole lift and I made it an 1 1/2" wider. the hardest part was properly locating the jack so it didn't hit the belly pan before it starts to lift the sled (tack weld and then try it before you weld it completly). I also took off the handle and welded a 19mm nut to a sleeve and then bolted the sleeve where the handle was and use an impact gun to raise the sled. works great
kevin

·
Registered
261 Posts
Irondog said:
I was able to build three with the amount of material I got out of buying a standard 40' piece of 1" x 1-1/2" tubing and 1" x 2" tubing. It cost me $90 in materials and I sold the other two for $200 each. I made $310 profit and ended up with one fine lift for myself.

Sled Lift Plans
[snapback]748144[/snapback]​
Hey Irondog, where did you buy the tubing??? I've been trying to find a place to buy thin wall tubing but haven't had much luck. I picked up some at our recycling center that was being thrown out but plan to use that for a sled dolly. I think i'd need some better, more rigid stuff like you used to build a sled lift.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow,
thanks guys. I tried a search first and couldn't find anything, but of course there is always another thread on a subject. Thanks again and hopefully I can build my own or at least try to!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Skidoo04Rev said:
Irondog said:

Sled Lift Plans
[snapback]748144[/snapback]​
[snapback]748984[/snapback]​
Hey Irondog, where did you buy the tubing??? I've been trying to find a place to buy thin wall tubing but haven't had much luck. I picked up some at our recycling center that was being thrown out but plan to use that for a sled dolly. I think i'd need some better, more rigid stuff like you used to build a sled lift.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Skidoo04rev,
I have bought steel and aluminum from shapiro supply co. st louis mo 1 800 833 1259 they can UPS 8' lenghts. use 1/8" wall tubing
www.shapirosupply.com

kevin

·
Registered
256 Posts
You don't need 1/8" wall even though I used it on mine. Most of the pre mabe ones have thinner wall tubing closer to 25ga. The 1/8" wall tube makes it VERY heavy.

I build mine with a hydraulic cylinder and use an air/hydraulic pump in lieu of the screw jack. Works good I will post some pictures later.

I suggest you make the lift 1" wider and make the rear vertical legs about 1" higher especially for use on a REV chassis.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts