Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man oh Man was I excited. I wanted to get a new Ski-Doo for next year. The 600 SDI that I have...I love it. Runs great, handles great, rides great. I want something bigger though, something that'll still be a good trail sled like the 600, but can also jump out on the lake with it and dust the Firecats and all the other lake racers. Mach Z too big and heavy and I don't like the RT. After having the SDI I don't want no stinking carbs. The old rumor that flew around really sparked my interest... A doo 650-900 SDI or DI motor in a Rev!! Sounds simple enough huh? What a disappointment. 2007 more of the same BNG nonsense.

BRP: LISTEN UP. FIRE THE BEANCOUNTERS AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE MARKET WANTS TO BUY. WE WANT UPDATED, POWERFUL, RELIABLE, EFFICIENT ENGINES. WE WANT GAUGES THAT YOU CAN READ AT SPEEDS OVER 15MPH. WE WANT HYFAX THAT DOESN'T WEAR OUT IN 200 MILES OR LESS, AND IN THE EVENT THAT THE SLED DOES BREAK, WE WANT PARTS TO BE AVAILABLE. NO MORE OF THIS BACKORDER GARBAGE.

If anyone wants to add some rants feel free!!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
jeepboyny said:
Man oh Man was I excited. I wanted to get a new Ski-Doo for next year. The 600 SDI that I have...I love it. Runs great, handles great, rides great. I want something bigger though, something that'll still be a good trail sled like the 600, but can also jump out on the lake with it and dust the Firecats and all the other lake racers. Mach Z too big and heavy and I don't like the RT. After having the SDI I don't want no stinking carbs. The old rumor that flew around really sparked my interest... A doo 650-900 SDI or DI motor in a Rev!! Sounds simple enough huh? What a disappointment. 2007 more of the same BNG nonsense.

BRP: LISTEN UP. FIRE THE BEANCOUNTERS AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE MARKET WANTS TO BUY. WE WANT UPDATED, POWERFUL, RELIABLE, EFFICIENT ENGINES. WE WANT GAUGES THAT YOU CAN READ AT SPEEDS OVER 15MPH. WE WANT HYFAX THAT DOESN'T WEAR OUT IN 200 MILES OR LESS, AND IN THE EVENT THAT THE SLED DOES BREAK, WE WANT PARTS TO BE AVAILABLE. NO MORE OF THIS BACKORDER GARBAGE.

If anyone wants to add some rants feel free!!!
[snapback]747146[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Man I can't believe the cry babies on this site. I just switched to a 2006 REV 800x after having 3 firecats. I hear guys on hear compaining about all these problems, but no of my Skidoo buddies have had problems. I think they get blown out of proportion on here. You mentioned hyfax wearing out in 200 miles. Well, I have 1100 on mine and they are fine. They wore about 2mm behind the front wheels on the first trip of the year, but then it stopped. My dealer says too many guys freak out when they wear there and replace them when they don't need to. The old SRX's were the same way. They were a couple mm's in the first 200 miles, then thats it. Sure the carbs are old school, but the DPM runs as well as my EFI firecats did and still gets 14 mpg. You can't beat that for a 800.

Go ahead and switch brands, the grass always looks greener on the other side. Fusions have had huge problems and are nothing on the lakes. Yamaha's are going to feel pretty heavy considering they are 60lbs heavier than a REV, and Firecats had their share of problems.

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
all i have to complain about is the new prices.
makes me want to go to college even more so when i get out i can have toys in the winter.

Andrew

·
Banned
230 Posts
jeepboyny said:

[snapback]747146[/snapback]​
I would just settle for reliable at this point..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already tried that. I figured if you can't beat em, join em. Bought a new 06 F7. Thats a disappointment too. Fast as hell, but it just don't handle like the doo. I guess I'm just gonna find me an older REV 800 before the SC4 and make it what I want it to be since BRP refuses to. I'm watching all these companies that satisfying the stockholders is their a#1 priority, at the sacrifice of product and quality. That might work to keep the DOW up for a while, but once you make everyone mad that buys your product, everyone loses.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yeah, i think the mods for the site should give serious consideration to starting a thread for all the crybabies on here, if u dont like what u see shut the hell up and move on, what are u all 10 years old or what, go get your phaser, arctic cat, whatever, just stop all the bitching, if u can, it got old a long time ago

·
Registered
209 Posts
jeepboyny said:
Already tried that. I figured if you can't beat em, join em. Bought a new 06 F7. Thats a disappointment too. Fast as hell, but it just don't handle like the doo. I guess I'm just gonna find me an older REV 800 before the SC4 and make it what I want it to be since BRP refuses to. I'm watching all these companies that satisfying the stockholders is their a#1 priority, at the sacrifice of product and quality. That might work to keep the DOW up for a while, but once you make everyone mad that buys your product, everyone loses.
[snapback]747222[/snapback]​
I agree with you on one point,and one point only. You should buy the sled you like(older 800 Rev) and build it the way you want it, cause I doubt you will ever see any one of the sled builders make all of the types of sleds people seem to think there should be. Then when you have made the perfect sled, take it to the public and see what they think. Then take all the advise the public gives you and build a sled for every one of those individuals,then warranty it for life, sell it for half of what it cost to build, make it better every year................ holly crap, it must be too early, I can't stand that whinning noise at this time of day.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
some folks seem to think doo takes a personal satisfaction in their disappointment...

clearly doo has problems creating a high tech, light weight 800 else they would have one out by now, they know how bad it is wanted, but in the REV frame not a larger heavier RT or similar...

sure seems more logical to me than thinking its a business move... or that doo is doing it just to "edit for bad language" off customers...

·
Registered
821 Posts
It always intrigues me to hear folks cry and cry that Doo should bring out a real sled to match the macho bulls$%t self image of our fearless Doo-talkers. Then when they bring out the rs the same folks cry about how much it costs. BUT, the same people will go out and spend a grand to two to mod their sleds so they can beat some stock sled on the lake and go to the bar and brag about how great they are.

·
Registered
389 Posts
for all ya folks that think poeple are cry babies for voicing there troubles, well shame on you! After the money we spend on these toys they should be top notch! And if nobody complained do you really think any changes would ever happen! Go drink your koolaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
7 said:
for all ya folks that think poeple are cry babies for voicing there troubles, well shame on you! After the money we spend on these toys they should be top notch! And if nobody complained do you really think any changes would ever happen! Go drink your koolaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[snapback]747400[/snapback]​
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just got back from the hill. 1000 this year on 06800x mi and not 1 problem.

·
Registered
389 Posts
zen said:
7 said:
[snapback]747400[/snapback]​
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Just got back from the hill. 1000 this year on 06800x mi and not 1 problem.
[snapback]747403[/snapback]​
now were name calling! grow up! And I probley will go buy a cat too! and add it to my list of current sleds! (2 revs 500 ss, 1 yami srx 600, and cat on the way! thanks for helping me decide my new 07 sled!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
We all know they aren't doing this to disappoint us, but rather to make their Wallet FATTER.
They're ahead of the competition, so they can sit back and count their money right now.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Deadman said:
We all know they aren't doing this to disappoint us, but rather to make their Wallet FATTER.
They're ahead of the competition, so they can sit back and count their money right now.
[snapback]747615[/snapback]​
That is exactly what GM did! Toyota is now in the passing lane!

·
Registered
290 Posts
gauges that you can read...LOL you want a big gay digital fairy gauge telling you in big numbers how fast your going?? come on...until 2003 no one had digital gauges and we all seemed to be able to read that normal gauges just fine...now that AC Poo and Yammi all have a big mono gauge you want one too?? the bare knuckles look of a speedo and tach the old style is sweet, it makes the sled look more raw and to the point...when they go to digital i'm going to be dissapointed.

·
Closet Doo lover
1,855 Posts
SkidooMan said:
gauges that you can read...LOL you want a big gay digital fairy gauge telling you in big numbers how fast your going?? come on...until 2003 no one had digital gauges and we all seemed to be able to read that normal gauges just fine...now that AC Poo and Yammi all have a big mono gauge you want one too?? the bare knuckles look of a speedo and tach the old style is sweet, it makes the sled look more raw and to the point...when they go to digital i'm going to be dissapointed.
[snapback]747721[/snapback]​
ViperER's cousin found his way on the site...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.