Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my riding buddies has a 2005 600SDI with a pre-marked track for 96 studs. Warranty issues aside, what would you recommend doing to go with 120 studs instead of 96? Would you use the pre-marked locations for 96 and then add an additional stud in every other track row to get to 120 or would you abandon the pre-marks and go with some other completely different pattern?

Another thought might be to add the 96 studs now in the pre-marked locations and then add another 24 or 48 later only if the first 96 didn't seem like enough.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
527 Posts
If it was mine I would go with the 96 pre-marked.Probably enough traction for the 600. In my new 800 I put in 144.

·
Registered
759 Posts
i studded mine only in pre marked areas , 600 ho sdi , not nearly enough studs pretty much a useless scratch pattern

·
Wasting money wisely
1,632 Posts
I used the pre-marked pattern and it's been great. I've ridden on some icy conditions and slowing/stopping was not an issue. Even with only 96 studs the sled gets a great take off on hard pack. If you look close, the pattern itself was pretty well thought out.

I would suggest starting with the 96 and if you need to get another pack of 48.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts