Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone modded their BRP/Ski-Doo Cargo Box (860200395)? I am thinking some tie-down points, bracket for ice fishing gear, or something along those lines but there are a lot of angles to the sides and the plastic doesn't seem that thick.

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/Accessories/storage_racks/cargo_boxes/cargo-box---_rev-xu-skandic-wt-swt-xu-expedition-se-le--xtreme.html

Also, mine came with the four bolts and washers to mount to rail but also included were four rubber washers. The instructions don't list or mention these rubber washers. Where should they be placed during the install? If used inside the box they don't seem too effective and get mangled when the bolts are tightened. If placed on the outside of the box, between the box and rail, it makes more sense but easy to drop and lose them when taking the box (bolts) out.

Thanks for any input!

cq5dam.web.2644.2644.jpeg

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Has anyone modded their BRP/Ski-Doo Cargo Box (860200395)? I am thinking some tie-down points, bracket for ice fishing gear, or something along those lines but there are a lot of angles to the sides and the plastic doesn't seem that thick.

https://www.ski-doo.com/shop/Accessories/storage_racks/cargo_boxes/cargo-box---_rev-xu-skandic-wt-swt-xu-expedition-se-le--xtreme.html

Also, mine came with the four bolts and washers to mount to rail but also included were four rubber washers. The instructions don't list or mention these rubber washers. Where should they be placed during the install? If used inside the box they don't seem too effective and get mangled when the bolts are tightened. If placed on the outside of the box, between the box and rail, it makes more sense but easy to drop and lose them when taking the box (bolts) out.

Thanks for any input!

cq5dam.web.2644.2644.jpeg
The rubber washers go between the rail and the box. The top is the only place I would mount anything, and they make an optional top rack for it. I used spray adhesive to hold the washers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rubber washers go between the rail and the box. The top is the only place I would mount anything, and they make an optional top rack for it. I used spray adhesive to hold the washers.
Thanks for the reply and tip!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I have 4 eye bolts in the corners of the box. This is where my snowshoes tie on.

I'm after having milk crates full of bait tied onto it and action packers full of gear or empty for putting birds in while hunting.

Had a small crack on the bottom of it when I checked everything the summer, hose clamp melted in and like new again.

They are stronger then they look.

a28afca59b82b6d8dfb99350e1f7156e.jpg

57ea46182f0175dc346979706cc10fc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I have 4 eye bolts in the corners of the box. This is where my snowshoes tie on.

I'm after having milk crates full of bait tied onto it and action packers full of gear or empty for putting birds in while hunting.

Had a small crack on the bottom of it when I checked everything the summer, hose clamp melted in and like new again.

They are stronger then they look.

a28afca59b82b6d8dfb99350e1f7156e.jpg

57ea46182f0175dc346979706cc10fc0.jpg

What lug your running?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Isn't it just easier to make your own Cargo Box out of plywood. That's what I did and it has worked fine for 5 years?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Isn't it just easier to make your own Cargo Box out of plywood. That's what I did and it has worked fine for 5 years?
I tussled with that decision when I bought my BRP box and I had an elaborate box I made out of 1/4" plywood with a 3/8" lid but it was nowhere near as light as the plastic BRP one plus it didn't look as good, especially with the center box that compliments it. The capacity is about the same and I still have an option to carry on top of it. I bought both boxes online in the summer when they were cheaper and they came right to my door, and I'm really glad I went that route. Granted my plywood one lasted over 10 years and this should last also.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Easier for some not so for others, mines made of plywood, i got it on hinges to flip up to access the under seat storage, very simple and practical.

Reactions: SWTMan#13

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
What lug your running?
Stock track, 1 1/4.... hoping to upgrade with 1 3/4 the summer.

Reactions: suv1

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Easier? No..... cheaper? Yes.
I've always had homemade boxes until I got a 2013 expedition se that came with the plastic box. Liked it enough to buy another one for my 2017 swt.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Most of my boxes are homemade, since I throw away the BRP rack and build my own full tunnel width.

4mm ply with gusseted corners, covered with fiberglass. Light and sturdy.

Reactions: Alaska440 and suv1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts