Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beware: My riding buddy has a 2014 mxz x 800 etec. Blew track at 3000 miles and brp will only warranty half of it!
They charged him $380.
I'm sure their bumper to bumper will work the same.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Track is a wear item. Be like asking then to cover carbides after riding 10 miles of pavement.

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
he's lucky he got half

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My track also blew apart at 2700 miles. I did not even ask about warranty. I say he is lucky if they are paying half!

·
Registered
2022 XCR 850 136
1,402 Posts
I think you can sometimes see if the track is actually defective and needs replacing or if track may have contacted something to come apart. I believe camoplast warrantees the track for a year for obvious defects, but anything questionable I can see up for debate. I'm still not a fan of single ply tracks, but I guess when everyone wants to save every last pound, that's what we get.
Can't get warrantee confused between defective and wear and tear.
Dan

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
my stator and flywheel gernaded at 7000 miles and they took care of it minus deductible. over 1k in parts and labor. track is a wear item for sure. how can they warranty the track if you get it stuck and tear it apart?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was studded by dealer with 84 studs. I have got warrantee on many a tracks In the first year.

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
Beware: My riding buddy has a 2014 mxz x 800 etec. Blew track at 3000 miles and brp will only warranty half of it!
They charged him $380.
I'm sure their bumper to bumper will work the same.
you sure have a lot of "buddies" with problems. I am surprised they warrantied any of it with 3000 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts