Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am / used to be a dealer for evinrude, so I already have the brp buds box, it says all there brands on the front so I’m assuming it’s a universal box, I had only received the diagnostic cables for evinrude, was wondering if anyone has/ where to buy the cables for skidoo/Seadoo from, would it work ? Also where do I get the software from? Really not trying to buy a 1000$ box when I already have one, thanks !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a standard 9 pin serial connection, similar to what they've used on cars for ECMs for years it looks like. I'm guessing you're going to need a serial to BUDS cable similar to this. There is one on eBay that looks like it might work too.
Yea I have the first cable you linked, that’s for evinrude outboards, the second cable doesn’t look to be current, looking for a 9 pin to whatever diagnostic port the skidoo/seadoos use. Looking to plug it into a 2011 rev xp 600 renegade and 2021 seadoo spark trixx

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm also an Evinrude dealer and found it almost impossible to get BUDS and support for it. I ended up going with Candoopro and have been very happy with it.
okay thanks, I looked in our system to see if we could buy the cable on our end and nothing shows up, but like you said it seems to be almost impossible to get the software for the other brands if your not a dealer for them

·
Registered
547 Posts
okay thanks, I looked in our system to see if we could buy the cable on our end and nothing shows up, but like you said it seems to be almost impossible to get the software for the other brands if your not a dealer for them
That's right, BRP keeps it under tight wraps. The system also needs frequent updates to remain active from what I understand. The Candoopro is great and no drama. They also respond quickly to tech help requests and support in general.

·
Xrs_800
1,020 Posts
Hey everyone! I am / used to be a dealer for evinrude, so I already have the brp buds box, it says all there brands on the front so I’m assuming it’s a universal box, I had only received the diagnostic cables for evinrude, was wondering if anyone has/ where to buy the cables for skidoo/Seadoo from, would it work ? Also where do I get the software from? Really not trying to buy a 1000$ box when I already have one, thanks !
Pm me. I can help

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts