Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My son was riding his new (250 miles on it) 550SS this weekend on trails. After about 50 miles he noticed his sled bottoming out really easily. Finally rear suspension got noisy and they turned the sled over, found that a rear shock was broken.

Dealer told us this morning they had a lot of this happen on their GSX rental sleds--not sure if that is the same suspension?

Is this a pretty common problem? He was riding with about 6 other guys and the trails were a bit rough but nothing really bad. Sounds like warrantly will cover it

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
EagleRiver59 said:
Hi,
My son was riding his new (250 miles on it) 550SS this weekend on trails. After about 50 miles he noticed his sled bottoming out really easily. Finally rear suspension got noisy and they turned the sled over, found that a rear shock was broken.

Dealer told us this morning they had a lot of this happen on their GSX rental sleds--not sure if that is the same suspension?

Is this a pretty common problem? He was riding with about 6 other guys and the trails were a bit rough but nothing really bad. Sounds like warrantly will cover it
[snapback]748167[/snapback]​
What suspension package? I'd assume Trail based on the GSX comment. That is an awefully light shock, but I haven't heard of any breaking, yet.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
The 550 is a fan and the 500SS is the original 600 series lll engie with
cast iron cylinder liners that the doo marketing types renamed the 500SS.

Good Luck

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thought I would post the final resolution on this...Ski Doo had the dealer replace with a high-peformance shock--as some of the replies said they would-- and they covered it all under warranty. So we are happy with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts